|Developer||de la Mancha|
|Type / Tags||Synth (Hybrid)Synth (Analogue / Subtractive)Synth (Granular)Synth (Phase Distortion)Synth (Sample Based)Synth (Wavetable)|
Scylla is a VST instrument that combines sample playback with subtractive synthesis to produce a wide variety of sonic possibilities. 3 samplers and 3 different types of oscillators allow many forms of sound design, including wavetable, granular, sample looping, phase distortion, morphing and spectral synthesis. More spice is added with granulizing, ring modulation and all the (un)usual envelopes, LFOs and filter options.
Included in the package are 165 original samples, including single waveforms, tuned loops and diverse recordings. The default bank of 128 presets by brian botkiller cover leads, basses, pads and fx.
For unlimited possibilities, you can also load your own samples in Scylla and use the inbuilt custom looping, granular playback and other sampler options to make new sounds out of old ones.
- Three layers of programmable audio sources.
- Each layer consists of:
- Sample player capable of loading full-length samples and custom waveforms.
- Oscillator (Dual-OSC with cross-modulation, Morphing OSC, Spectral OSC).
- Each sampler features:
- Playback: Oscillate, Play-Once, Loop-Release.
- Basic audio playback features (normalize, stereo to mono, zero-crossing).
- Customizable Loop points.
- Granular and Wavetable playback.
- Loads any WAV format sample from your own library.
- 96MB of sample content, including waveforms, samples and loops.
- 128 presets by brian botkiller.
- All audio sources have independent tune, volume, and pan.
- Ring-Modulation per layer.
- Variable stage Filter per Layer.
- Adjustable Amp and Filter Envelopes per layer (Envelope contours can be changed).
- Layer Assignable Granulator engine.
- 2 layer assignable LFO effects for modulating ring-mod, cutoff (filter), and phase of one LFO.
- Adjustable Global Amp Envelope.
- Mix level of each audio source can be adjusted.
- Mix level of each layer can be adjusted.
- Master Volume.
- Each audio source, envelope, ring-mod and filter can be switched off to save CPU.
- MIDI CC support.