|Developer||Shattered Glass Audio|
No Longer Available
|Type / Tags||Tube Preamp SimulatorAnalog/Tube EmulatorDistortion / Overdrive / AmpPreampTube EmulationTube Saturation|
|Copy Protection||Key File|
SGA1566 MkII is loosely based on a single channel vintage tube preamplifier with added two-band active Baxandall EQ and stereo processing. To achieve the most authentic analog sound, the whole preamp circuit is simulated in real time using the high performance circuit simulator. This level of sound fidelity comes at a price of high CPU utilization. For cases where such a CPU hit is prohibitive, we have added two additional modes of operation that are less CPU intensive. The two-band Baxandall EQ can be positioned either before or after the preamp, or be completely taken out of the signal chain. Up to 8x oversampling can be used to eliminate aliasing. SGA1566 MkII offers two different filter types for use in oversampling.
Use SGA1566 MKII preamp to add warmth to a track, as a saturation compressor, or to add "dirt" with tube overdrive.
- Authentic analog sound through real-time high-performance circuit simulation.
- Preamp featuring two 12AX7 voltage amplification stages.
- CPU friendly model of the circuit.
- Three selectable CPU modes.
- Two-band active Baxandall EQ that can be taken out of the signal path or placed either before or after the preamp.
- Up to 8x oversampling with two choices of filtering.
- Mono or stereo processing mode.