|Type / Tags||Exciter / Enhancer|
Shinechilla is an experimental creative sound effect plug-in for Windows and Mac OS X in VST and AU plug-in formats.
Shinechilla allows you to generate and blend 2nd, 3rd and 4th harmonics with the original dry sound. Voxengo says that the harmonic generation process offered is quite unique in the plug-in market since it produces almost no intermodulation distortion.
Shinechilla is mainly usable for solo instrument processing where it "shines" by producing convincing and full-bodied harmonic coloration. Shinechilla is also unique in that it is able to add harmonic coloration on top of the sound instead of distorting the whole sound. However, the option to saturate the whole sound is also available.
The strength of harmonic coloration added by Shinechilla can be flexibly adjusted over the whole frequency range, for each harmonic.
- 2nd, 3rd, 4th harmonics generator.
- Spectral saturation.
- Spectral harmonic level control.
- Spectral threshold control.
- Stereo and multi-channel processing.
- Internal channel routing.
- Channel grouping.
- Mid/side processing.
- Up to 8x oversampling.
- 64-bit floating point processing.
- Preset manager.
- Undo/redo history.
- A/B comparisons.
- Contextual hint messages.
- All sample rates support.
- 60 ms compensated processing latency.