I write this review only because i disagree with 1/2 star rating.
Obviuosly it is not perfect software:
1. MIDI export is ridiculous. I use reaper x64 and did not face technical issues, it worked as intended by twisted minds of developers. It works, but you won't like how it does.
2. GUI is outdated, but it is related to all AIR.
3. Highly unlikely you will find any third party libs/grooves for strike.
4. Key mapping is fixed within software (to use MIDI patterns from other soft drums - you can use MIDI key remapping (at least in reaper)).
1. Price. I'm not talking about full price - it quite often on sale (discount differs).
2. It is quite fast. I tried Slate Drums (in fact it was choice for me between discounted SSD and discounted Strike). I did not like SSD workflow - it is more "modern" but just did not ignite me in anyway. It loaded samples very slow (or it seemed so for me). Strike was like Flash superhero in comparison (but if you have fast drive - that's not issue, i think).
3. Strike has very fun to experiment possibilities to humanize/randomize built in patterns. Just playing with knobs can give you interesting results. In fact it can somehow explain why MIDI export is so clunky - because built in patterns are not MIDI chunks, but patterns with "variation logic". You can edit them in internal editor.
I would not recommend it for full price. In long run it may not be perfect choice. If you can grab it at good price 20-40$ (yes it can go as low as 20 sometimes) - i think it is good point to transit from free drum software to paid.
While mDrummer is a much more advanced drum VST, Strike 2 is easier to use and just generally more fun. However, both software pale in comparison to Jamstix 4, which is the only virtual drummer and drum VST. I would think Avid would take a hint and at least try to do a little better, but it seems Rayzoon has just made something that cant be replicated and can't be imitated. Strike 2 deserves a 2/5 because any programmer would see how lazy Avid was in making this VST, but because I like it more than mDrummer and find it more useful, I couldn't grade it lower than a 3.
Having the same drag and drop MIDI issues as mentioned in the other reviews. Did much research and can't find a workaround so the MIDI record function seems worthless. Using windows 10 64-bit and reaper. Also seems unable to play gm files from producer loops. Tried moving the notes up and down an octave in the MIDI editor and that did not fix the issue. The sound quality is good, but these MIDI issues are aggravating.
I bought the AIR Instrument pack a few years back, mostly for Strike2. Well, I really do like all of the instruments included in this package except for Strike. It shows so much promise, but it has some serious bugs. For example, triggering fills usually doesn't work well. The fills almost never start when intended. And MIDI export is broken: First you you have to play and record a section, and then drag it into your DAWs' timeline. Even if it records what you intend (which it usually doesn't)- it inserts weird gaps in the timeline.
The problems I describe are not problems with latency, CPU or settings..or anything like that. Others have reported these issues, and they haven't been fixed- for years. And if you install Strike anywhere but the desktop, or want to store Strike's content on an external drive, you may encounter many confusing issues with the installation.
I give the other instruments in the AIR Instrument pack 4 or 5 stars. So the Instrument pack is really very good, but not Strike. The demo videos make it look great. But it just does not work as intended. And fixes and improvements have not been done for a long, long time.
Sorry- can't recommend Strike 2. But I have done a review on KVR about a different drum V.I. that I really like.
Air support asked to redeem one at the time, tried both ways, none seem to work.
Tried again, one code at a time, this time the codes were fine but an error comes up Payment Authorisation failed then I go back and then when I go back and input the codes again the Code not valid error comes up.