Tubes & Wires is a polysynth sampled from 1940s valve signal generators.
Tubes & Wires is a Kontakt.nki instrument whose three oscillators offer six sampled waves from old signal generators: a 1940s valve (tube) Advance unit, a 1940s valve (tube) Taylor unit and a 1970s transistor-based Goodwill unit. All the signal generators were to some extent faulty, malfunctioning and distorted. This provides a unique and unusual tonal palette from which to begin crafting sounds.
Tubes & Wires builds on these basic waves (sine, square, sawtooth and triangle are all represented) with a full complement of synth controls, forming a complete polysynth with a distinctive old-fashioned sound.
- Advance valve (tube) oscillator offers Sine and Square waves.
- Taylor valve (tube) oscillator offers Sine and Square wave.
- Goodwill transistor oscillator offers Sawtooth and Triangle waves.
- Multimode filter with cutoff and resonance on each oscillator.
- Full Amplitude and Filter envelopes on each oscillator.
- "Rail Voltage" control on each oscillator increases harmonic distortion.
- Oscillator Drift control for additional analogue warmth.
- Phaser, Chorus and Stereo Spread controls.
Requires Kontakt versions 4.2.3 and later.