The Rosegarden team has announced the release of version 11.06 of Rosegarden, the audio and MIDI sequencer and musical notation editor for Linux.
With this release, the Glasgow Pitch Tracker fork of Rosegarden finally merges into the new codebase, and into mainline Rosegarden. The core development team say they have done basically nothing of interest for this release cycle, and everything here was accomplished by contributors from the community.
- Expose the instrument alias to external plugin GUIs so that plugins are easier to identify in applications like FLAM.
- Export LilyPond code using any of LilyPond's supported languages.
- A commonly-used time entry widget has been worked over to improve its functionality, and solve some usability problems.
- Fixed undo after copying/pasting a range.
- When adding marks to a selection that includes a mixture of notes and rests, avoid applying meaningless marks to the rests.
- Insert Range now preserves the loop/range.
- Fixed a nasty LilyPond export bug that was causing problems with human performances where the notes had a physical start time that significantly preceded the bar line.