4th September 2008
Rosegarden has been updated to v1.7.2. This is a maintenance release that includes some comparatively small but interesting new features and usability improvements, which mostly concern lyrics, and a new lead sheet LilyPond export mode that lets you make lead sheets by using LilyPond format chord texts (e.g. g:maj7) over top of your lead line.
- Use the same order of menu items in the right-mouse button menu for both note insertion and rest insertion.
- Make changing between non-dotted notes and dotted rests on the various notation editor toolbars more sensible.
- New LilyPond export option to interpret chord texts as lead sheet chord names.
- Place the chords above the staff in the notation view (works for the first segment in the track).
- Fix the placing of the chords if the segment does not start from first bar.
- Allow lead sheets with only a single chord.
- Lyrics editing improvements:
- A new line can be used as an alternative way to separate syllables in lyrics.
- If a full list of syllables is copied and pasted into an emptied lyrics editor, the syllables will not just be entered to the first bar, as used to be the case, but instead they will be be distributed over the whole melody.
- Allow removing a verse even when there is only one verse left.
- Set cursor position in the beginning of the text when opening the lyric edit dialog.
- Allow spaces in the syllables of lyrics to be exported to LilyPond.
Significant bug fixes:
- Edit cursor now displayed correctly when editing multiple staffs in the same notation view .
- Parameters areas now update correctly when using "Convert notation for..." function from notation view .
- Prevent crash when changing from the rest insertion to the note insertion in NotationView using the right-mouse button menu.
- Fix updating the note/rest duration buttons in NotationView when changing the dotting of notes or rests with the period ('.') button
- Fix broken export of invisible key signatures to LilyPond.
- The notation editor now comes up with its default accidental entry mode ("No accidental") shown to be in effect, instead of leaving it to be assumed.
 omitted from release notes for 1.7.1