Plugin Boutique will release late in July Carbon Electra Synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bonebones wrote:We make music every day and between my us in our studios we own or have owned almost every synth ever made - hardware and software, yet we use Carbon Electra every day because it sounds amazing and we can get any sound we want out of it quickly.
Well said!

I would like to add: Carbon Electra really is an amazingly easy to use synth for its power class. It perfectly balances cool sound shaping options (OSC sync, FM, graphical modulation stepper, 3 LFOs) with a GUI where everything is easy to find on ONE page. And the graphical visualization greatly helps me to understand what I am doing. This all is what makes Carbon Electra well worth its price.

If I need a synth with +400 modulation targets, I use Blue II. If I want to program 10 good-sounding presets in an hour, I use Carbon Electra.

Best,

Z

Any love for Carbon Electra?

it reminds me of my old Oberheim OB12 for some odd reason. From what I remember it sounds quite similar too. Very forward in your face sound.

Not as versatile as you might originally think. You have to do workarounds using the step seq/arp for modulation when you create more complex patches.

wickfut wrote:it reminds me of my old Oberheim OB12 for some odd reason. From what I remember it sounds quite similar too. Very forward in your face sound.

Not as versatile as you might originally think. You have to do workarounds using the step seq/arp for modulation when you create more complex patches.
I used to own the OB12, and I own Carbon Electra today. While the interface (where you get some feedback of what you are "doing") reminds a little of each other, to me, the OB12 sounded much more soft and smooth, while Carbon Electra sounds more harsh. Both of them sound very analog to me though, and there must be some reason I love(d) them both :)
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Numanoid wrote:So these the guys that made the synth:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davide_Carbone
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_G._Abrahams
http://samplify.com.au/

So that makes it: Carbone-lectra
No wonder Carl Cox claimed Carbon Electra was his new "go-to" synth :)

"Carl Cox

Is there a more iconic, recognisable and successful DJ on the planet?

Carl Cox spends most of each year touring the globe, performing as one of the world’s top DJ’s. He spends a few months of each year in Melbourne, and during that time he is often in working with us at Samplify, writing his own music, creating top shelf remixes for world class artists, and writing the occasional screen soundtrack."
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote:No wonder Carl Cox claimed Carbon Electra was his new "go-to" synth :)
I also begin to see the old school network now :D

Abrahams released records on Cox label "Worldwide Ultimatum" as far back as '95

I can't see Carbone mentioned at either PluginBoutique or in Computer Music review, so I didn't think about it before now.

Numanoid wrote:
starflakeprj wrote:No wonder Carl Cox claimed Carbon Electra was his new "go-to" synth :)
I also begin to see the old school network now :D

Abrahams released records on Cox label "Worldwide Ultimatum" as far back as '95

I can't see Carbone mentioned at either PluginBoutique or in Computer Music review, so I didn't think about it before now.
Which is a little strange in itself, because they have mentioned Credland (developers of BigKick and StereoSavage) as well as Oli Larkin (developer of Virtual CZ).

The Introduction in the manual states:

"Carbon Electra is a .... synth built by producers, for producers"

Nobody is mentioned by name.

So like a white label release, the creators are to cool to be mentioned 8)

Carbone was using beta version in synth tutorials before release.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeteyxeH4Hg

db3 wrote:Carbone was using beta version in synth tutorials before release.
I saw you mentioned it earlier now, I searched the thread for Davide, so I missed your post. Sorry about that.

Another old-school tie: The guy who has programmed the CarbonElectra is Elliot Rigets, he made a multi-platform conversion of Pro-Tracker: https://sourceforge.net/projects/protracker/

Protracker is done by this fellow: https://sourceforge.net/u/eightbitbubsy/profile/

I know him.

Unfortunately sourceforge is (was?) ultra dumb and in order to allow SVN write access you're forced to create a sourceforge profile, which when added to the project page and listed alphabetically by nick-name could place names "out of order".

That's what happened in this case I'm certain, because I know for a fact Olav did the vast majority (99%+) of the work in the protracker port.
Last edited by aciddose on Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

Yeah there are "skimmers" that collect facebook profiles, linkedin, sourceforge, github, soundcloud and pretty much every site ever.

This is why the saying "what you post online can never be deleted."
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

Great synth!
Needs Macbook trackpad scroll support for knobs + faders!!!

Return to “Instruments”