UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

machinesworking wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:08 am
Cro-magnon wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:07 am Plugin Alliance plugins are just code hence it's faster.UVI are heavy sample based instruments for their products mostly.
Yesterday I got this last version of Falcon in 6 minutes (596Mo IIRC) from France.No fiber connection.
It was faster than usual BTW.
Sure, I just do not find PluginAlliance's portal to be bad at all. the fact it only installs what you actually own is depressingly unique in the business when you're talking about a single installer for all products.
The problem is it doesn't tell you if what you have on your system is the latest version or when you have updates available - all other download managers I know of do this - it's not that easy to find even on their own site, you need to do a lot of digging around and comparing version numbers whereas a decent plugin manager should handle all of this effortlessly.

SJ_Digriz wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:56 pm
otristan wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:46 pm
AcidMoon wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:12 pm A menu bug in the standalone version of Falcon v2.1.2. I can see the menu text only when I mouse over it.
Not sure I understand what you mean.

Thanks !
You can't see the File and configuration menu items... you have to know they are there :lol:
Probably a Win10 thing.

It's a minor bug but annoying. Windows 10.

otristan wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:46 pm
AcidMoon wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:12 pm A menu bug in the standalone version of Falcon v2.1.2. I can see the menu text only when I mouse over it.
Not sure I understand what you mean.
AcidMoon wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:12 pm It seems somewhat unstable.
eg) Intermittent crash when clicking 'Empty selected part' of Part functions.
If you have some step to reproduce, please forward those.

Thanks !
After launching, I just clicked that menu and it crashed intermittently. (both standalone and Cubase 11 Pro DAW)

The ability to assign shortcuts to the newly added global undo/redo history seems to be fine.

I can confirm that simply right clicking and selecting empty part from the menu a few times crashes Falcon.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

newuser2014 wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:32 pm Rumor: The retriggering envelope at Layer level "hack" will be officially incorporated in Falcon 2.2
I assume they made that setup partly due to performance considerations for pcs and how effects were historically used. Would be great to have.

SJ_Digriz wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:24 pm I can confirm that simply right clicking and selecting empty part from the menu a few times crashes Falcon.
So far I wasn't able to reproduce it so please let us know if you have some hints

Thanks !
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

Wow, no hints. I simply open Falcon. On the default Program that opens where it says "Empty" if I right click and select "Empty Part" Falcon crashes. It happens much less frequently if you load a program into part first. But it eventually does happen.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

SJ_Digriz wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:41 pm Wow, no hints. I simply open Falcon. On the default Program that opens where it says "Empty" if I right click and select "Empty Part" Falcon crashes. It happens much less frequently if you load a program into part first. But it eventually does happen.
PC or Mac ?
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

double post
Last edited by otristan on Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

SJ_Digriz wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:41 pm Wow, no hints. I simply open Falcon. On the default Program that opens where it says "Empty" if I right click and select "Empty Part" Falcon crashes. It happens much less frequently if you load a program into part first. But it eventually does happen.
ok found it.
Only happen if you empty an already empty part.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

Anyone else getting random crashes while browsing presets? It seems these crashes happen when I try to browse in the right-sided menu, not so often when I double click a part and browse in the „middle“ menu. Happens in standalone and in logic x (latest version) on catalina.

Bugs in PX Memories
The actual value of the PX Memories and the knob graphic do not match. Almost all.

PX Memories.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

is it possible to extract wavetables by any chance?
SoundCloud
"I believe every music producer inherently has something unique about the way they make music. They just have to identify what makes them different, and develop it" - Max Martin

3lu5iv3 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:02 pm is it possible to extract wavetables by any chance?
No, Falcon has a wavetable player but no editor. Use something like Icarus to extract wavetables from samples (very good quality of resynthesis) and then import the wavetables into Falcon.

Thanks Sampleconstruct.
SoundCloud
"I believe every music producer inherently has something unique about the way they make music. They just have to identify what makes them different, and develop it" - Max Martin

Return to “Instruments”