UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

@otristan

Any idea when native M1 support will appear?
Win 10 with Ryzen 5950x, Bitwig 5, too many plugins, Novation Circuit Mono Station and now a lovely Waldorf Blofeld.

Kypresso wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:23 am @otristan

We already have a working version in house but we wait for PACE to finalise their wrapper on the M1 platform. hopefully 3rd quarter of 2021.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

Ah that's interesting, so pretty much anything that can use software iLok would be affected I guess.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

pinki wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:30 pm Take Asteroid for example: (and correct me if I'm wrong!) I want to assign the 7 volume faders to 7 physical faders on my midi controller. Open a patch, assign, all good. Then I load the next sound- all assignments lost. Because I'm actually loading another instrument instance.
So apart from overwriting every single patch in Asteroid, how do I achieve something so simple? It's a real workflow killer.
@otristan
Is there a workaround for this because I notice that Asteroid has the ability to load kits within a single instance? Can I save one and then use that as a basis for cc mapping for all kits and then use that in UVI Workstation.

otristan wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:37 pm
Kypresso wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:23 am @otristan

We already have a working version in house but we wait for PACE to finalise their wrapper on the M1 platform. hopefully 3rd quarter of 2021.
Thanks for the reply.
Win 10 with Ryzen 5950x, Bitwig 5, too many plugins, Novation Circuit Mono Station and now a lovely Waldorf Blofeld.

I get this nagging script dialog in the new library, PX SunBox even though I seem to be on the latest version of Falcon.
uvi script error.png
Doesn't seem to affect anything noticeable yet, but I guess it'll go away after another update or two?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Are you safe?

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:59 pm I get this nagging script dialog in the new library, PX SunBox even though I seem to be on the latest version of Falcon.
uvi script error.png
Doesn't seem to affect anything noticeable yet, but I guess it'll go away after another update or two?
Does this synth become part of the Vintage Vault bundle for existing users or do they create a new upgrade of Vintage Vault after a year or two to include all the intervening models?

The latter.

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:16 pm The latter.
thanks - presumably a reasonable upgrade price. I like these little vintage instruments though not bought one yet. Mainly I like the interfaces, UVI have excellent interface designers for creative usability

I will upgrade Vintage Vault when v4 comes out, but will pick up a few things from UVI over the year if I really like the look of them and it all counts toward the voucher UVI sends you in the new year based on what you spent with them over the previous year.

Are you safe?

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:59 pm I get this nagging script dialog in the new library, PX SunBox even though I seem to be on the latest version of Falcon.
uvi script error.png
Sounds like your DAW points to an old version of the Falcon DLL. Please locate the most recent version of the Falcon DLL (v2.1.7) on your system, then move it to your VST folder and rescan it via DAW settings.

Please note that the common default VST locations for UVI products are:
C:\Program Files\VSTPlugins
C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins

If you are unable to locate the Falcon DLL on your system, please open UVI Portal and disable 'Silent Install' in the Preferences, then reinstall Falcon. That way, you can select your custom VST location during the installation process.

Hope this helps!

You gonna answer that Global midi learn question? That's been a major PITA with Falcon.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

UVI Doctor wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:27 pm Please locate the most recent version of the Falcon DLL (v2.1.7) on your system, then move it to your VST folder and rescan it via DAW settings.
Cheers, I think I may have had to do this before as I tend to try and shift anything off my C drive that’s not directly Windows system related.

Are you safe?

pinki wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:53 pm @otristan
Is there a workaround for this because I notice that Asteroid has the ability to load kits within a single instance? Can I save one and then use that as a basis for cc mapping for all kits and then use that in UVI Workstation.
What you can do is save a UVIWorkstation multi with Asteroid loaded where you have linked your CC and always load this one and then use Asteroid own browser to load a custom kit.

HTH
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

otristan wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:18 am
pinki wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:53 pm @otristan
What you can do is save a UVIWorkstation multi with Asteroid loaded where you have linked your CC and always load this one and then use Asteroid own browser to load a custom kit.

HTH
Ah OK that will get me there, thanks

Return to “Instruments”