Arturia V Collection 6

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Buchla Easel V Clavinet V CMI V DX7 V

Good analysis.

noiseboyuk wrote:Huh - their email today does indeed say "Your previous version entitle you to the best offer you will ever receive. Get V Collection 6 for 199 € instead of 499 €". The fact they didn't even grammar check it makes me doubt they've entirely thought it through.

Neither do I believe that next week suddenly I'll have to pay 499 €, despite owning V Collection 5. The whole thing feels kinda ridiculous.
+1

i recieved the same generous offer :wink:

Krakatau wrote:
noiseboyuk wrote:Huh - their email today does indeed say "Your previous version entitle you to the best offer you will ever receive. Get V Collection 6 for 199 € instead of 499 €". The fact they didn't even grammar check it makes me doubt they've entirely thought it through.

Neither do I believe that next week suddenly I'll have to pay 499 €, despite owning V Collection 5. The whole thing feels kinda ridiculous.
+1

Yep, I think a lot of people did. That language wasn't in the previous offers but, it seems that it was originally on the web site. KVR member elxsound thinks that it's just tricky language and can be interpreted differently, I disagree. I think that there's only one actual interpretation, but, I don't think that's what Arturia intends. You can read his over the top rant in the bargain thread.

In other words, I think that it's just some shit ad copy from someone in their marketing department. They want it to be misleading so that it triggers FOMO, but, they think that it can be interpreted in a different way. Perhaps it was shot down initially as being too misleading when they knew that they will offer a lower price in the future, or not, I'm purely speculating. However, it could be that they aren't getting the sales that they imagined and now it's back to try and trigger FOMO of the last holdouts.

Whatever the case, whether Arturia is changing their policy, or whether it's just shitty marketing copy that Arturia thinks has an alternative meaning, it doesn't preclude the SAME offer from being made again. If, in fact, that is your best offer, then the same offer again will not be any better.

I suspect that they will put it on sale at $99 in the future, but only time will tell. I'm almost certain that the same sale price ($199) will be offered again. In any case, I'm not biting now at this price at this point in time.

One thing that the details listed above are missing is that V4 was put on sale at $69 at the very end of its cycle. That price was never offered for V5.

ghettosynth wrote:
Krakatau wrote:

+1

Yep, I think a lot of people did. That language wasn't in the previous offers but, it seems that it was originally on the web site. KVR member elxsound thinks that it's just tricky language and can be interpreted differently, I disagree. I think that there's only one actual interpretation, but, I don't think that's what Arturia intends. You can read his over the top rant in the bargain thread.

In other words, I think that it's just some shit ad copy from someone in their marketing department. They want it to be misleading so that it triggers FOMO, but, they think that it can be interpreted in a different way. Perhaps it was shot down initially as being too misleading when they knew that they will offer a lower price in the future, or not, I'm purely speculating. However, it could be that they aren't getting the sales that they imagined and now it's back to try and trigger FOMO of the last holdouts.

Whatever the case, whether Arturia is changing their policy, or whether it's just shitty marketing copy that Arturia thinks has an alternative meaning, it doesn't preclude the SAME offer from being made again. If, in fact, that is your best offer, then the same offer again will not be any better.

I suspect that they will put it on sale at $99 in the future, but only time will tell. I'm almost certain that the same sale price ($199) will be offered again. In any case, I'm not biting now at this price at this point in time.

One thing that the details listed above are missing is that V4 was put on sale at $69 at the very end of its cycle. That price was never offered for V5.
My few sentences now equal a rant?

The rest of my posts were about how ridiculous your responses are.

That pretty much sums it up.

jeye_musik wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
zadillo wrote:Do we really think Arturia will never offer a better upgrade price than $199 from V Collection 5? I'm ready to go ahead and buy it, and their explicit "this is the best offer you'll ever receive" at least seems to imply they have no intention of later offering the upgrade at $99 (like they have done in the past).
I think 6 months to a year down the road they will offer an upgrade for $99. So if you're willing to wait and go all those months without having it, there you go. I decided it was more important to have it now.
I was thinking about this and with them making such a song and dance about "this is the best offer you will get" that the backlash if they dropped it to $99 after 6 months would be pretty big. If they'd just released is "get it for this great offer of $199" and then in 6 months dropped to $99 then folk would be thinking it's just the usual release schedule. Maybe they will repeat the $199 price again in 6 months.

Because I tend to use a limited set of synths for each album/EP I do (delusions of giving each release a more consistent identity) I might not get around to using these before they do another sale. Hmmm...

Actually, does anyone know what the time is between VCollection versions? Maybe I'm better off waiting for VCollection 7.....

As posted above, the last two releases have been about 18 months apart.

Good lord, how many words and how much time has been wasted overanalyzing something that was clearly just an editorial oversight.

Here’s a clue: marketing copy isn’t written by lawyers, and they like to dabble in hyperbole. In this case, I 100% guarantee that the copywriter would love to take his red pencil and scratch out that sentence.

Cut them some slack and lay off the prune juice.

dangayle wrote:Good lord, how many words and how much time has been wasted overanalyzing something that was clearly just an editorial oversight.

Here’s a clue: marketing copy isn’t written by lawyers, and they like to dabble in hyperbole. In this case, I 100% guarantee that the copywriter would love to take his red pencil and scratch out that sentence.

Cut them some slack and lay off the prune juice.
Hmmmm... I wouldn't be quite so blase myself. If a company allows the marketing department to release what proves in time to be falsehoods, I think there is reputational damage. There are some developers with an over-inflated marketing department that I just roll my eyes at pretty much everything they say, and maybe I'm missing out on some great products of theirs and / or great deals as a result - they've become too unreliable to waste my time upon. With other companies I pretty much trust what they say, so when they do actually say something I'm more inclined to listen.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Either you want to pay the asking price or you don't.

I'm not seeing the special upgrade price from V.5 to V.6 at $199. , it is supposed to expire on Jan. 10th, I'm guessing Jan. 10th should still be good for the deal ? but it shows at full price when I add it instead of $199.

Any feedback on this ?

Thanks

Email 'em and PM that Kevin dude from Arturia who's on here. Their site's front page says the discount is still on.

dumbledog wrote:Email 'em and PM that Kevin dude from Arturia who's on here. Their site's front page says the discount is still on.
I will email them.

Thanks

On jan 10th, it's still the promo price : 399,00 €.
Already a customer? click to check your offer --> mine is 249 €.
249 € / 21 instruments --> ~ 10 € / instrument.
However, I pass this.
Imho it's a bit like great collections, like Reaktor - it has many elements,
but a bit they sound similar.
If you like this kind of things, and don't have many synths, then buy this Arturia stuff!

dune_rave wrote:On jan 10th, it's still the promo price : 399,00 €.
Already a customer? click to check your offer --> mine is 249 €.
249 € / 21 instruments --> ~ 10 € / instrument.
However, I pass this.
Imho it's a bit like great collections, like Reaktor - it has many elements,
but a bit they sound similar.
If you like this kind of things, and don't have many synths, then buy this Arturia stuff!
I'm an Arturia Customer, I have the V-Collection 5 and have the upgrade offer to go to V-Colletion 6 at $199. showing in my account.

But, when I click on the offer, it still shows up at $399. in my shopping cart, so something is not working in their store, I already emailed their support to see if they can sort this out.

hmm. strange. Anyway, I pass this opportunity,
since I use another "collection" of synths.

Muziksculp wrote:I'm an Arturia Customer, I have the V-Collection 5 and have the upgrade offer to go to V-Colletion 6 at $199. showing in my account.

But, when I click on the offer, it still shows up at $399. in my shopping cart, so something is not working in their store, I already emailed their support to see if they can sort this out.
Apparently the offer was available till Jan 10th, but I don't know if that includes today or like midnight on the 9th/10th day switchover.

Return to “Instruments”