Arturia V Collection 6

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Buchla Easel V Clavinet V CMI V DX7 V

still im a bit disappointed about the upgrade price....... but still interested. some questions maybe someone has experiences?

1. is the CPU usage really so bad? any word from arturia yet?
2. are there comparisons especially for the DX7 and CMI to the originals?
3. is DX7 from arturia better qualitywise than dexed & fm8?
4. how unique is the sampling in CMI? i saw a small drumloop example from arturia where he imported it and just added reverb + pitched down and you had a very cool and 80s scifi sounding texture/drone styled sound :) lovely.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

hellomrbike wrote:On a related note: What is the name of the preset at the very beginning of Arturia's CMI overview video?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... _jrcEm5sXo

I thought it would have been one of the famous "orch" samples but none seem to fit the bill.
Listen “Owner of a lonely heart”
Yes album: 90125

Caine123 wrote:still im a bit disappointed about the upgrade price....... but still interested. some questions maybe someone has experiences?

1. is the CPU usage really so bad? any word from arturia yet?
2. are there comparisons especially for the DX7 and CMI to the originals?
3. is DX7 from arturia better qualitywise than dexed & fm8?
4. how unique is the sampling in CMI? i saw a small drumloop example from arturia where he imported it and just added reverb + pitched down and you had a very cool and 80s scifi sounding texture/drone styled sound :) lovely.
Simple answer to 1,3 and 4: Try the demo versions yourself... :clown:

Concernung the CMI this seems to be the first proper full featured emulation that is not just a sample library or that is based on an iOS device. The Arturia plugin offers more than just simple sample playback.

Concerning CPU use in DX7 V as i mentioned in one of my previous posts it also depends on if you use the advanced features in the plugin or not.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

modularg2 wrote:
hellomrbike wrote:On a related note: What is the name of the preset at the very beginning of Arturia's CMI overview video?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... _jrcEm5sXo

I thought it would have been one of the famous "orch" samples but none seem to fit the bill.
Listen “Owner of a lonely heart”
Yes album: 90125
indeed ...also for the sound of the very beginning : « In no sense, nonsense » from Art Of Noise

this track more precisely :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfkJ53S2x-w
Last edited by Krakatau on Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:56 pm, edited 5 times in total.

If I recall correctly V4 to V5 was $149 initially. For me the Synclavier emu and new guis were worth upgrading. Don’t get me wrong it was still higher than expected for a loyal customer. $199 is over the top. Looking back I rarely use most of the suite. SEM and Synclavier being the standouts.

Even having cash to spend it’s not a must do event anymore.

An email from May 2016 (when V5 was launched) in my archive says the V4 to V5 upgrade was €199. The upgrade price came down later - I bought it in November 2016 for €99 according to the receipt.

superscan wrote:If I recall correctly V4 to V5 was $149 initially. For me the Synclavier emu and new guis were worth upgrading. Don’t get me wrong it was still higher than expected for a loyal customer. $199 is over the top. Looking back I rarely use most of the suite. SEM and Synclavier being the standouts.

Even having cash to spend it’s not a must do event anymore.
Nope, you recall incorrectly. It was a mirror of the current pricing. $199 on release as an intro sale marked down from the $249 standard upgrade price. It was then $99 some six months later and that sale was repeated approximately six months after that.

This is really an awesome upgrade!

I have just tried the new plugins and they are really fantastic and it is obvious that many hours have went into them. The new Arturia plugins have a much higher quality than before.

I was mainly interested in the DX7 and the Buchla, but the CMI is really awesome too and having a Clavinet is also very cool.

I bought the upgrade for the student price (99,- Euro), but 199,- is very fair too.
49,- per plugin isn't much considering that the devs and designers have worked months on each individual plugin.

I really like how Arturia progresses and the V6 additions are really state of the art!

Making a cheap price for everyone should not be an argument for V5 owners to complain.

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

egbert101 wrote:You don't work for Arturia, do you?
No, unfortunately not.

VCollection 6 already.. time flies...
Just demoed the new plugins. They're awesome. I especially love the Buchla and the CMI :love:
Great addition to an already great collection. Kudos to Arturia!

I think I'll wait a little with the upgrade, but it sure is tempting.. :D

Yesterday i both started using Arturia Piano V2 (new major version in V-Collection 6) and the new factory presets in the U-He Repro-5 release candidate. Using presets from both i created a short improvisation with a layer of them:

Ingo Weidner - RePiano-5 Part 1

The only external FX used with both sounds is the Lexicon MPX Native Reverb.
The presets used are "American Large Studio" in Piano V2 and "HS Emo Strings" (made by Howard Scarr) in Repro-5.

When playing with both Piano V2 and Repro-5 i mostly forget that i am playing with plugins but they actually feel like true intruments which is not true for every plugin i had used.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Nice one Ingo!
That piano sounds pretty nice.

After testing the new V6 plugins and some of the V5 upgrades I also caved.
Coming from V4 Collection classics, I get the V5 upgrades, upgrade to the complete V5 collection and the V6 collection for 199 euro's. That's a pretty sweet deal if you ask me.

I do like presence in my sounds and sometimes that is lacking. When I need more oumph I add an effect chain with some of my favorite tools for that task (PM Clarisonix & Softube Saturation for low end oumph, Waves Apex Vintage Exciter for high end sparkle and Lexicon MPX Native for reverb).

I am a little disappointed with the thread. A lot of complaint about the price but little information about the new instruments.
I just discovered how filter by instrument on Analog Lab 3. I thought it couldn't and I was going to complain too.

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

Return to “Instruments”