Sonic Academy ANA 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ANA 2

Last edited by claudedefaren on Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

on point! nice.
1 KVR gold star for you

It looks + sounds very nice... And the price isn't that bad (at least this moment).

You know you have too many plugins when you buy something and don't even remember that you bought it. I got an email from Sonic Academy last night, offering me a free plugin. So I clicked on the link, not even knowing who they were, and realised I had an account and owned ANA 2. Who knew?

This morning I have been going through listening to the presets and tweaking them here and there and whilst they are all drenched in way too much reverb and delay, there are some really nice aspects to this thing. The Tubedrive effect is outstanding, especially the AU7 mode. The problem I am having is saving my tweaks where I can find them again. I can't work out how to add my own genre, category or tags. I found out where the presets live on my drive and I created a new folder in the "ANA 2 Factory" folder but it doesn't show up in the browser. In fact, there are a lot more folders there than show up in the browser.

Does anyone know how to create your own tags and/or folders to put your presets in so you can find them easily/quickly?

EDIT: I've worked out how to create custom tags and now that I have saved something, the User Bank shows up so it's at least usable now. Still, if anyone knows how to create new categories or genres, I'd like to be able to do that, too.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Menu -> Save As Preset -> then select a category, click on the genre, sub-category etc... click ok

or in the preset area, select a preset and click the Edit Tags button at the bottom of the middle section. Can add a few tags... not sure about "create your own categories"... as in Genre etc? yeah good question...

I had a search around the hard drive but i think the Genre and Category etc are not accessible to the user. I'm also interested if anyone might know.

It's strange that there is an image in the skin folder about editing a category! Anyway, I couldn't find anything although I expected an xml file or setting file, but no.

I don't use categories so can't help there but you can create a custom folder for your Presets. But you have to put at least one patch inside that folder for it to show up in the Bank column.

I put my folders in Soundsets>User.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Yeah, I got that. It's actually good enough for what I need, I think, in that they are readily accessible. Thanks for the responses.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

If I remember properly, you can create new categories, but it's a bit hacky. But on the other side, you can have custom folders and user tags. A user preset can belong to two users at the same time. I use that for custom sorting my own stuff.
MAN FROM SPACE
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/135uz9UwHtdXZgiFyAc3oz
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/manfromspace

GumRoad (FREE Ableton racks and synth presets): https://gumroad.com/manfromspace

Slate digital courses has the full ANA 2 master class free on their youtube channel here: youtube.com/watch?v=XHL2nCADvYM&list=PLpGC3ikrlbL-4-7B11tPA92mwWITBCpUg

omac wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:20 am Slate digital courses has the full ANA 2 master class free on their youtube channel here: youtube.com/watch?v=XHL2nCADvYM&list=PLpGC3ikrlbL-4-7B11tPA92mwWITBCpUg
Nice :tu:

It is definitely a great pick for £49
Take care :wink:

omac wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:20 am Slate digital courses has the full ANA 2 master class free on their youtube channel here: youtube.com/watch?v=XHL2nCADvYM&list=PLpGC3ikrlbL-4-7B11tPA92mwWITBCpUg
I think I've stumbled on to those videos when googling for some sound designing tutorials. I think they were very well done.

This is also quite interesting: different synths' super saws on compare (Ana2 included):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD-44wiT6G8

EnGee wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:28 am

Even more free tutorials on Sonic Academy's youtube. With examples how to recreate "type sound".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-TnWJ- ... UuGHmXlnFG

It is very easy to make music with Ana 2. The sounds are just so easy to blend into a mix. I don't make scratchy/wobbly/harsh/gritty/trancy/housey/edmy/pulsing songs. I make trap/hiphop (minority here), and Ana is such a joy to use, and the price is cheap.

Return to “Instruments”