Catalina & Big Sur Nightmare (Solved)

Official English support for: maizesoft.cn
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It seems that the problem is Logic, I have cleared the cache audio units and one of my plugins is validated correctly but logic closes when opening this plugin, it also closes when loading Massive X

Well, it seems that the problem also has large companies like Native Instruments. In my case it only happens with a single plugin and from the tests I am doing I think the problem is in the png image of the knobs. Cheers
logic.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Beatmaker_xyz did you discover what the problem was with the png causing the crashing? Would be great to hear you shed some more light on this.

Hello, all! I've been making a drum sampler plugin and, for the past few months, I've been struggling with my own Catalina nightmare. I don't have access to a Mac, but the friend I work with does and we've been trying to make it work with various degrees of success. The latest version of Maize seems to make working VST3's, but the vendor still shows up as "Maizesoft" instead of our own name. I've tried to rename the files using Notepad++, but then the plugins don't work at all. AU's don't work, either. Maize did send me some custom players with our name, which didn't work, either. Musik Man's solution seems to be good, but I cannot afford it.

If anyone can lend a hand, please, let me know. I will add your name or KVR username in the manual as a beta tester. The plugin will be free/pay-what-you-want and all the samples are CC-BY 4.0 licensed. Thank you!
Organic Calfskin Kit - Free/Donationware Drum VST for Mac and Win

retroactivecont wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:31 am Hello, all! I've been making a drum sampler plugin and, for the past few months, I've been struggling with my own Catalina nightmare. I don't have access to a Mac, but the friend I work with does and we've been trying to make it work with various degrees of success. The latest version of Maize seems to make working VST3's, but the vendor still shows up as "Maizesoft" instead of our own name. I've tried to rename the files using Notepad++, but then the plugins don't work at all. AU's don't work, either. Maize did send me some custom players with our name, which didn't work, either. Musik Man's solution seems to be good, but I cannot afford it.

If anyone can lend a hand, please, let me know. I will add your name or KVR username in the manual as a beta tester. The plugin will be free/pay-what-you-want and all the samples are CC-BY 4.0 licensed. Thank you!
Hi, you do not need to pay anything if you can access to use a Mac. Export from Windows or Mac, with version 2.5.8 (this works perfectly for me) you will need a mac to create the installers with http://s.sudre.free.fr/Software/Packages/about.html To create the installers for Windows there are several free options.

BeatMaker_xyz wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:04 am Hi, you do not need to pay anything if you can access to use a Mac. Export from Windows or Mac, with version 2.5.8 (this works perfectly for me) you will need a mac to create the installers with http://s.sudre.free.fr/Software/Packages/about.html To create the installers for Windows there are several free options.
Thank you, I'll give it a shot!
Organic Calfskin Kit - Free/Donationware Drum VST for Mac and Win

Bad news, the Maize Sample Player doesn't work anymore. It worked for a while, but now it's not recognize at all by macOS Catalina. The player won't show up in people's plugin list.

At this point, I would strongly advise anyone wanting to create plugins/virtual instruments to move from Maize to another framework: Kontakt, Hise Sampler, Halion, SE, etc.

The solution mentioned in this thread half works by the way. I wouldn't rely on it unless you have a very low number of customers per month (10 or less). Otherwise, the support will be filled with error reports. Believe me, I know this from experience.

SampleScience wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:46 pm Bad news, the Maize Sample Player doesn't work anymore. It worked for a while, but now it's not recognize at all by macOS Catalina. The player won't show up in people's plugin list.

At this point, I would strongly advise anyone wanting to create plugins/virtual instruments to move from Maize to another framework: Kontakt, Hise Sampler, Halion, SE, etc.

The solution mentioned in this thread half works by the way. I wouldn't rely on it unless you have a very low number of customers per month (10 or less). Otherwise, the support will be filled with error reports. Believe me, I know this from experience.
I have used the solution of this thread with my free vst mega pack and in my payment complements, more than 10,000 people have downloaded the free ones in the last months and so far I have not had more than 5 support emails. https://drive.google.com/drive/u/2/fold ... 6Jaucz_-z5
But you are right, at some point this temporary installer solution will also stop working ..

If you have ever used the solution presented here, it may be that you have not built your installer well or you have not given the correct installation instructions [right click / open]
I use version 2.5.8 exporting from windows 10 and creating the pkg and dmg installers with canvas in macOS Catalina.

By the way the current version of maize 2.7.0 still export a maize sampler player for mac?

Another solution would be to sell only for Windows.

Soon we will have the Big Sur nightmare, I will not waste so much energy and time with this, I will definitively stop creating Plugins for mac

Blue cat's is likely the only reliable alternative. I asked the Miaze people if they'd hire Me. I'd rebuild it myself and just gut it and make it even simpler than it is. Of course I like VST2, but that's their choice. I guess I'd rely on xcode solutions, given that others screw up. I'm guessing that has something to do with ways that processor handling is changing. They're moving away again from intel.

Maybe I'd go with angelscript and Bluecat's frankly, If I was to re-make maize. At least Blue cat has to make their own plug-ins mac ready. they'd really be the only company that could live up to that boast. With Juce being built, and OpenGL support being so fanatic (laughable) I have My doubts.

I much prefer KUIML, but then again; Angelscript.. not sure how I feel about that. Could it be made to output a .mse though. I guess if you paid them a few hundred anything's possible.

BeatMaker_xyz wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:46 am Soon we will have the Big Sur nightmare, I will not waste so much energy and time with this, I will definitively stop creating Plugins for mac
Exactly, this Catalina nightmare was only the beginning. With Big Sur and the upcoming Apple ARM processors, we're going to have more problems. I wonder what Xiang will do with Maize Sampler?

I still release plugins for macOS High Sierra/Mojave because it's stable. I'll keep releasing them as long as I can.

But when it won't work anymore I'll either stop developing plugins altogether and do something else or I'll use something like Hise Sampler.

For the moment my plan is to release multi-formats VST/VST3/AU plugin/Kontakt/Halion/TX16wx instruments. This is the future for me. Kontakt and TX16wx development is fairly fast, Halion is time-consuming though and I'm not sure it's worth it. We'll see!

BeatMaker_xyz wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:35 am By the way the current version of maize 2.7.0 still export a maize sampler player for mac?
Yes it does, I've had better luck with the Maize Player for Mac than the custom installers, but at some point, it stopped working. I have no idea why. Maybe it's because of a macOS update that rendered unusable. I don't know.

When my 2019 mac mini became super slow and basically died, it was the final nail in the coffin. 3 months of work down the drain. A 99$ developer account for nothing. Apple dev support completely useless (their support team is confused at best). I started developing eczema and I was super stressed.

I'm all about overcoming obstacles, but this was just too much for me.

In the process I developed a passion for graphic design, so I'll probably move to this field and eventually sell resources for graphic designers.

I've read in another thread that the right-click install doesn't work anymore in the latest version of macOS (Big Sur). Is it the case in the latest updated version of Catalina too? In any case, the solution didn't last long (1 year) just like I thought.

Right click install still works fine with the latest updated version of macOS Catalina, I checked a few minutes ago with my new Plugin

BeatMaker_xyz wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:40 pm Right click install still works fine with the latest updated version of macOS Catalina, I checked a few minutes ago with my new Plugin
This is good if at least it can stay compatible with Catalina. Then, it means that it's on Big Sur that you can't right-click open anymore.

Return to “Maizesoft”