Sunbird: Issue with Syncing "Patterns" Mode to Tempo, midi

Official support for: acousticsamples.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey everyone - I've been looking on YouTube, in the Sunbird documentation, and elsewhere for an answer to my question. I haven't found it yet, so I'm hoping someone here might know the answer!

What I'm trying to do: my use case is simple - I want Sunbird (in pattern mode) to play a midi track I've made, and I want it to play in tempo with my project.

The issue: the issue is that pattern mode doesn't start and stop with playback / the transport bar. I've tried many things. Putting midi notes in the midi clip to act as keyswitches (C4-C5). Starting the pattern with my mouse. No matter what I try, this issue occurs. When I play Sunbird on my keyboard, I can tell it's playing at the host tempo, but on playback with pre-programmed midi, it doesn't play in time.

If anyone knows how I can get Sunbird to trigger in time with the rest of my project, I'd be very grateful!

cairnan

That's normal. Since the patterns starts from pressing a note, you need the transport bar to start right before that MIDI note otherwise our engine has no way to know it was there.

Also only the tempo is in sync, but you have to start it right on a bar to have it play correctly with the metronome.

That's the answer I was looking for - thanks so much!

Return to “AcousticsampleS”