Bitwig Studio 1.2 BETA 4

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't know enough about the graphics framework Bitwig is based on to know what's the most feasible - I would be fine with any approach. Let's see what Beta 5 brings.

Has any of you encountered the bug where recorded CC 2 and channel aftertouch automation aren't sent to VSTs while they work fine while playing them live? It seems a bit random and I haven't nailed it down completely to a clear cause. So far it seems that it works sometimes directly after opening a project but then suddenly stops. Kept me scratching my head for hours yesterday...

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Free...the beast, free...the beast, free...the beast! :)
The "Free The 1.2 Bitwig Beast" foundation is taking donations.

If you can put effects tracks in groups, can you put an fx track within a drum rack?

just kiddin'.... xD (but loved that sh** lol)

is there BUS'es ? (not group track) to send audio from one to another track....

like u got :

6 track (..orr groups !) + (4 bus + 2 FX returns + 1 stereo master)...........
fluxmachina wrote:Free...the beast, free...the beast, free...the beast! :)
The "Free The 1.2 Bitwig Beast" foundation is taking donations.

how much ?! how much ?!

oh damn.... "it's free".... :hihi:
Last edited by yoshi303 on Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
night life...
sry but i can't talk alone.

Yo tokin' two meee ??

3xp3ri3n2 wrote:Yo tokin' two meee ??

1 bus, 500............. :lol:

edit: tried "tired" to put a track on another track n/o audio receiver... but failed "lamentablement" ^^
night life...
sry but i can't talk alone.

blouaap wrote:Little annoyance:
Pressing B opens the browser, and search takes focus immediately, so pressing B again enters a search query instead of closing the browser again. I sometimes open and close the browser quickly to look at a certain folder I got stuff in as reference.
haven't made it through the thread but my workaround for this was to make "toggle browser" or whatever opt-b and delete the default b shortcut if that helps

[insert cat picture here]
Everything's spinning.

jimmydeer wrote:
blouaap wrote:Little annoyance:
Pressing B opens the browser, and search takes focus immediately, so pressing B again enters a search query instead of closing the browser again. I sometimes open and close the browser quickly to look at a certain folder I got stuff in as reference.
haven't made it through the thread but my workaround for this was to make "toggle browser" or whatever opt-b and delete the default b shortcut if that helps
Dom already replied that alt+b will close the browser again. So the direct to search makes sense actually.
Still a little annoyed that the focus bug is still there from 1.0.
Focus bug being:
Open a third party plugin, tweak it, close it and you have to click on BWS to regain focus.
I'm a shortcut-guy :)

Also my Apogee MiC doesn't work on Beta 4 anymore :(
Bitwig picks it up, but no signal comes through whatsoever, no matter what I try.
Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about fidelity. I just make music.

On another note, I run Os X El Capitan. Bitwig only opens once per session. But I think it's an Os X bug, not BWS.
I have to run Bitwig from the command line if I want to open it again.
Jack doesn't work on El Capitan either. I'm running developer beta 6 of Os X 10.11. And Soundflower is also gone.
BWS Engine crashes are minimal, but seem to happen when I try to switch projects.
I also have one preset not reloading when I reopen a project, but luckily I have save the actual preset from the times I was using FL Studio.
I have sent the reports, just want to know if anyone else have similar issues?
Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about fidelity. I just make music.

Ok I have done a little more diving into El Capitan.
Apple added what is called "System Integrity Protection" to the new OS,
what this entails is that certain 3rd party apps don't have the same privileges they used to.
This is how you can disable it, if you are not the paranoid type:
http://www.macbartender.com/system-item-setup/

My Soundflower is back and my Jack works again.

Still have to load BWS via the command line though :(

blouaap wrote:Ok I have done a little more diving into El Capitan.
what this entails is that certain 3rd party apps don't have the same privileges they used to.

Just a quick question...why would you run a beta OS to do musicproduction ?

PHY6 wrote:
blouaap wrote:Ok I have done a little more diving into El Capitan.

Just a quick question...why would you run a beta OS to do musicproduction ?
I have one machine only. And I'm a developer by trade.
Music is my hobby, but as Bitwig is in beta and 10.11 is just around the corner, it might be useful for Bitwig Studio team (tell me if I'm wrong BWS team).

But I'm technically inclined, so some problems I can solve and continue anyways. I have already made two great tracks in BWS beta already. The beta is quite stable, except for a small niggle here and there.

Couple questions...how do you sign up to become a beta tester? And does the beta install separately from the release version instead of overwriting it?
~ good luck ~
~ re~member to do good in a spirit of love, unity, compassion, and kindness ~

SoundGoddess wrote:Couple questions...how do you sign up to become a beta tester?
The un-official answer is: you don't.
if you are worthy and lucky maybe you can get an invite to join the cave... ;)
And does the beta install separately from the release version instead of overwriting it?
It installs separately.... nobody wants borked stuff on top of the stable one, right? ;)

Return to “Bitwig”