the future of touch with Mac, IOS etc...

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am wanting to move more into touch control realm with Bitwig but I'm on Mac and use iPad. The Microsoft Surface Pro looks like an amazing prospect but I wouldn't spring for it just to work with Bitwig. Does anyone know what the future plans *may* be with regards to Bitwig and Mac/IOS? Would be great even if we just had an IOS app for remote control using an iPad.

Also, curious about potential future plans for supporting Native Instruments NKS. I also have a NI KK S61 so this would be very welcomed...

Was thinking of getting a pen tablet (Wacom) to have a bit quicker surface to work with but the good ones are somewhat expensive.

thanks!

Greg K.

I use my iPad Pro and Apple Pencil as a tablet to control my Mac apps on the laptop.

Astropad installs on both (not free) and then the Mac screen displays on the iPad

pdxindy wrote:I use my iPad Pro and Apple Pencil as a tablet to control my Mac apps on the laptop.

Astropad installs on both (not free) and then the Mac screen displays on the iPad
thank you! hadn't heard of that before. I wonder how it works with an iPad Air 2...

Can't remember the name, but there's a peripheral for Macbooks that resides under the display and turns it into a touchscreen. It worked pretty well when I tried it. Something-bar...

~Jon

I think there is a paid app called, duet. Never tried it but it works as a second monitor for your mac and touch enabled obviously. I dont think it will be reliable, maybe fun with your day to day apps but not sure it's optimized for Music making.

Apple doesn't believe in a mac with a touch screen but they seem to believe that best way of delivering this is through trackpad and touch bar.

Hassan

Return to “Bitwig”