Audio performance question?

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

When using some heavy CPU VTS's, especially combined instruments like in Keyscape I get a lot of interference in the audio. Bitwig shows that my CPU is getting pegged, but in Task Manager, I show the CPU is hardly even being utilized, like around 12% usage at max 30%. Is this related to having multiple cores? Would love to be able to play music without all that horrible crackling sound. I have 16GB memory, Inteli7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz 4 Core(s) and all Solid State hard drives. Can you tell me how to fix the issue

Recall that each track will use a core; if you can split the heavy VST among multiple tracks that should help.

ejgallego wrote:Recall that each track will use a core; if you can split the heavy VST among multiple tracks that should help.
That is interesting, I will have to test that. But in this particular case I don't think that is possible with combined instruments like that since it is one instrument. Although I did find if I opened the monitoring Window and kept it open it plays fine. Very odd. If I close it, it starts having trouble again. Seems like a bug in Bitwig.

Performance Issues here as well. I am forced to work at 1024 buffer but if I minimize the GUI and just have my desktop showing I can work at much lower buffers and all spikes go away.

Give 2.1.1 a try.

Seems some annoying spikes I was getting are gone - those spikes that hit 100% from an average activity of 25%. I say _seems_as BW has a habit of getting Spikey when I think it's behaving.

CPU spikes have been a complete pain in Bitwig. I've abandoned the program several times and keep coming back to see if performance has increased... because I love the design. :love:

I love the workflow. I hate not being able to use a buffer under 1024 with a bran new xps with i7 and pci ssd ..

I feel your pain. I'm on a decent spec lappy - 4 GHZ i7-6700K / 32 GB DDR4 / UA Apollo 8 Thunderbolt.

Thing is I have an Elektron Analog Heat - which requires 256 buffer size if I want to use it :/

Why is there not an uproar about this?

Mister karloff wrote:Why is there not an uproar about this?
Because many people are not having the problem?

I'm fine to work in 1024...But i use only mouse :hihi:

Im having the same issue on 2 laptops. 1024 doesnt work when you want to cut vox or guitars through plugs

pdxindy wrote:
What buffer are you working at?

pdxindy wrote:
Literally everyone I know does and I do too on 3 different speccd and different OS machines.

Mister karloff wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
What buffer are you working at?

sisarii wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
Literally everyone I know does and I do too on 3 different speccd and different OS machines.
Also Mac? or only PC?

I'm using a MBP. I used to have CPU spikes regularly, but that was quite a while ago now.

Return to “Bitwig”