Bitwig 4 - what's gonna be in it?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Greenstorm33 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 1:04 am I was just kidding, we're definitely overdue. Hopefully we get a major update in the not-to-distant future.
This update has to be really major and it has to arrive soon. My plan runs out in a few weeks and technically I just got the 3.3 update and a few minor bugfix updates from my last renewal. This is a bit sparse for 159 Euros so Bitwig really has to impress me with the next release.

Benutzername wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:19 pm
Greenstorm33 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 1:04 am I was just kidding, we're definitely overdue. Hopefully we get a major update in the not-to-distant future.
This update has to be really major and it has to arrive soon. My plan runs out in a few weeks and technically I just got the 3.3 update and a few minor bugfix updates from my last renewal. This is a bit sparse for 159 Euros so Bitwig really has to impress me with the next release.
If it's "few weeks" then you won't likely be covered, because lately betas can last 2+ months :(
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

stamp wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 1:37 pm
SLiC wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 1:30 pm Releasing Bitwig 4 on the 4th with a Star Wars theme would break the internet.
It will be released in 25 minutes. 4 o'clock pm in germany...
Was it released?

I just want native convoution reverb, improved project management, and ability to do easy polyrythms on midi track.

antic604 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:23 pm
Benutzername wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:19 pm
If it's "few weeks" then you won't likely be covered, because lately betas can last 2+ months :(
If it's worth it then I have no problem with renewing for a beta update. However, the next big update plus the sparse feature set of 3.3 have to be worth 318 Euros in total for me (= two annual plans). I don't see that in the moment.

perpetual3 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:33 pm
SLiC wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 1:30 pm Releasing Bitwig 4 on the 4th with a Star Wars theme would break the internet.
Was it released?
No, but there's still hope for 4:44PM, which is in 3 minutes :o

EDIT: no, that didn't worked either :(
Music tech enthusiast

Maybe they're waiting for 8:08pm

There is only one thing you can be sure of, it's not ready for beta release or it would have been released- could be a few more days, a few week or even a few months away....better to get on with something else!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

So was it a really funny prank that Bitwig 4 is out today?
It was really hilarious if it was...

simmo75 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 8:30 pm So was it a really funny prank that Bitwig 4 is out today?
Every day without new Bitwig version is a joke ;) :D
Music tech enthusiast

simmo75 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 8:30 pm So was it a really funny prank that Bitwig 4 is out today?
No prank. It's out...

...out of reach for us...

just a hunch, but M1 support is probably pushing things back

coroknight wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:49 pm Maybe they're waiting for 8:08pm
maybe they got lazy around 04:20 :?

perpetual3 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:33 pm
Was it released?
Yes but you missed it. Now we're all pretending it wasn't.

docbot wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:19 pm just a hunch, but M1 support is probably pushing things back
You're probably right, and I would be willing to bet this is the part that's giving them issues. From their facebook post years ago:
We have written our own GUI toolkit from scratch. We do not use the standard Java AWT/Swing GUI toolkits at all. Instead we use JNI (Java Native Interface) to access performance critical code written in C/C++ where necessary.
Apple often depreciate and break 'custom' code, and any company might with such a drastic change in architecture. Then again the Bitwig guys are super smart IMO, the basics are very solid, so any tweaks are probably not that drastic.

Return to “Bitwig”