Bitwig 4 - what's gonna be in it?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pdxindy wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 12:17 amReaper is as well...
It’s in public beta but point taken. :)
I’m gonna bet that Bitwig is next or close to next. Because I think any issues they might have with the GUI and other interface issues will pale in comparison to DAWs like DP, Cubase, Live, Reason and even Studio One.

Not a Bitwig user but waiting to buy it soon. I would really like to see themes added and maybe a native shimmer verb,

There is a shimmer verb preset I think.

kavin2134 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 4:44 am Not a Bitwig user but waiting to buy it soon. I would really like to see themes added and maybe a native shimmer verb,
Just put a Pitch Shifter in the feedback loop of delay. I've seen a video about it lately - it might've been one of those:

https://youtu.be/1iTZg08ksqg

https://youtu.be/8DPwyWEKwR4

https://youtu.be/1CkmDdSj81A
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

I wish there was a portal for (well) written audio tutorials and docs. Videos are an improper way to teach anything. It is just entertainment or self presentation. See those teaser images, how annoying is that. They grab then a very basic single topic, just like for alzheimer sick people, because this format fits well to their production and youtube, not because this was demanded.

So you have a ton of almost-zero-useful-information videos flooded youtube. Really, I appreciate your work, but your are NOT adding a lot of substantial help to the audio community with this format.
Last edited by Hanz Meyzer on Thu May 06, 2021 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 7:22 am I wish there was a portal for (well) written audio tutorials and docs. Videos are an improper way to teach anything. It is just entertainment or self presentation.
I'm split on that. The best example of great videos for a DAW is Reaper Mania, the guy keeps them generally at around 5 - 10 minutes long, and there's zero, absolutely no "video influencer" vibe. [I'm going to come out and say it, I absolutely do not get why we need to see the persons face like we're in a Zoom meeting with them? it's flatly unimportant and a waste of screen real estate.] They're done at an intentionally slow pace for non english speakers, which tranlates for english speakers into the ability to speed them up to 1.5 - 2x faster. It's always a specific task with no "check out this cool thing I did!" feel. I'm not a big Reaper guy for various reasons, but those videos are top notch.

Most tutorial videos are terrible though I agree.

machinesworking wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 7:32 am The best example of great videos for a DAW is Reaper Mania
Sure, there are some examples of the opposite that I just wrote... But in general, I think this whole youtube being-on-the-charts nonsense totally ruins any serious help exchange.

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 7:37 am
machinesworking wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 7:32 am The best example of great videos for a DAW is Reaper Mania
Sure, there are some examples of the opposite that I just wrote... But in general, I think this whole youtube being-on-the-charts nonsense totally ruins any serious help exchange.
I agree, wading through the serious garbage amount of "influencer" style videos for Logic X lately is painful, seriously harmful to my mental health.

Just give us one no BS version for Bitwig, that's all. I realize it's perfectly fine to present yourself and the information in a fun, hanging out way. Some people like that, I just appreciate the no ego, fact driven take that the Kenny Gia does for Reaper Mania.

You always have the option of paying for your video tutorials on Groove3, ASK etc...YouTube is what it is...
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

machinesworking wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 7:32 am
Hanz Meyzer wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 7:22 am I wish there was a portal for (well) written audio tutorials and docs. Videos are an improper way to teach anything. It is just entertainment or self presentation.
I'm split on that. The best example of great videos for a DAW is Reaper Mania, the guy keeps them generally at around 5 - 10 minutes long, and there's zero, absolutely no "video influencer" vibe. [I'm going to come out and say it, I absolutely do not get why we need to see the persons face like we're in a Zoom meeting with them? it's flatly unimportant and a waste of screen real estate.] They're done at an intentionally slow pace for non english speakers, which tranlates for english speakers into the ability to speed them up to 1.5 - 2x faster. It's always a specific task with no "check out this cool thing I did!" feel. I'm not a big Reaper guy for various reasons, but those videos are top notch.

Most tutorial videos are terrible though I agree.
I agree Reaper Mania videos are awesome. I'm also annoyed by the dumb thumbnails of most videos with the face of a youtuber doing a silly face next to a smiley. I mean maybe it's funny when you are 14 years old. That and the 20 min videos for something that takes 5 min to explain, pure loss of time.

I sort of wish Bitwig would do what they have done over on the FL Studio Forums and post a list of all the things they are definitely going to do in future releases, many linked to actual forum suggestions.

I don't think it would be detrimental to Bitwig to make a statement like - 'we will be adding the following (list features) in near future or at some point but lower priority....

We are all grown ups (kinda) do we really need to be guessing to keep things a surprise?
Wouldn't a development roadmap be far more useful for all?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:45 am
We are all grown ups (kinda) do we really need to be guessing to keep things a surprise?
Wouldn't a development roadmap be far more useful for all?
I don't mind Bitwig's Christmas like surprises.

Yeh, it is getting more like Christmas- updates just once a year!

With a yearly upgrade fee too! :)
MacPro 6,1 // Live 11 // Bitwig 4 // Reason 12 // Logic X // Soundtoys // U-he // FabFilter // Arturia // Vintage Hardware

I wish there was at least a roadmap, so I better could decide if I subscribe again or not. I like how Studio One is organising this, they do user surveys and decide then or so. Here, it really feels like a surprise box, quite sometimes also something I did not ask for or have no use for. Which leads to frustration.

Return to “Bitwig”