Will you be moving to Apple Silicon hardware?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic

Will you be moving to Apple Silicon hardware?

No, I'm staying on Windows
43%
No, I'm staying on Linux
7%
No, I'm staying on Intel Macs
4%
Yes, and I want to do it ASAP
16%
Yes, but I'll wait until 2nd or 3rd gen devices
30%

Total votes: 170

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Can you attach three 4k Screens to a M1 macMini ?
Studio One, Logic
macOS
–– -
http://ansolas.de

As soon a new IMAC with silicon M(x)1 appears, i will order that piece! I hope my Focusrite, BWS, Reaktor, Vital, Convology... will then also be ready to use it "Native" or at least via "rosetta"...
AFFINITY, Pathfinder, Devonthing.... is STILL running well... but maybe lot of my small tools (BTT, ocean audio, jkknobman(java), scandisk.... other OLD/free tools will not run or just in rosetta.... If they all run in Rosetta would be absolut fine.. with their "just" "60%" on a M1 chip..... does not interested me for SELDOM used apps!
But for all my "power-use" apps i hope they will be NATIVE asap!
I´m not a apple-fanboy! But i am a "quiet_happy" apple user since lot of years. There are hundreds of things which are in windows or linux better... but there are thousends things which are in MAC (WHOLE thing) are better ... at least in MY OPINION! There are hundreds things i dont like in Mac... but there 1000 things i dont like in windows.... (to be fair: i would say there is a 7:3 for MAC(the system in just MY as easy AND as free-configuration possiblitys.... - OPINION)).

But the M1 seems to be a complete new LEAGUE! Yeah, as soon as possible in a new IMAC, i will order that beast!

deleted

I'm hoping to see some windows for ARM options competitive with the new M1 macs on power/price - I really want to switch to using a multitouch machine for bitwig and apple still refuses to go as far as allowing iOS devices like the ipad pro to run full mac OS applications (or adding multitouch support to mac OS and selling a 2-in-1)

Return to “Bitwig”