DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

JakeXY wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:07 pm Hi,
first of all, of course thank you for your incredible Work. Your Script made me choose Bitwig.
I am currently modding your Script and thus see with my own Eyes how freaking huge and impressive that thing you build is!

I found a Bug on the User Mode of the APC 40 mk II though:
Thanks to your last Update the Mapping works when in User mode. But once you map a parameter and switch back to Pan or Send, the mapping persists.
Pan and Send will work as expected, but additionally the mapped Function is called every time.

I tested this with the newest Version (10.0.7 I think).
Thanks, will be fixed in the next update.

OK thanks. The Fire is working beautifully now! The only thing I wish they had included was pitch bend wheel or joystick on this thing. It is an amazing controller. With your script it is so much fun to use. Thanks for your hard work.

DrivenByMoss 10.7.1 is out!

Get it from http://mossgrabers.de
  • Requires Bitwig 3.2.5+
  • APC40 / APC40 mk2
    • New: APC40 mk2: Select user mode pages now with User+Select 1-8. Cursor keys change tracks like in pan and send mode.
    • New: Knobs in panorama and send mode as well as the faders and device knobs use the new hardware API.
    • Fixed: Pressing notes in drum sequencer for editing did always select notes in the first sequencer row.
  • Fire
    • New: Knobs in Mixer and Parameter mode use the new hardware API.
  • Launchpad Pro Mk3
    • Fixed: (Regression in 10.7) Mode selection did not always work
  • MCU / Novation SLMkI/II
    • New: Removed "Display Crossfader on Track". Does not make much sense with these devices.
  • Push
    • New: Removed "Display Crossfader on Track". On Push 2 the crossfade mode setting is now always visble and can be changed with the third knob in track mode. On Push 1 it is never displayed in track mode. Use the crossfade mode instead to change the settings.
    • New: Push 2: Nicer drawing of crossfade mode on channel
    • New: Push 2: The 4th/8th send name is now always displayed if the current tracks are not inside of a group. Furthermore, it is displayed if the 8th knob is touched.
Enjoy!

Hello,

thanks for the effort on drivenbymoss!

i have a question about push2 4 bitwig on mac os.
bitwig 3.2.8, drivenbymoss DrivenByMoss-10.7.0-Bitwig, mac os 10.14.6

when using the push as controller on native bitwig plugins i experience smooth parameter changes via the push controller. when using the push controller on 3rd party plugins i experience small little jumps when using the push controller to control the plugin parameter. in the plugins the parameter looks jittery in animation, in bitwig the corresponding parameter knob shows little offsets between orange knob position and some blue modulation glitches.

is this behaviour normal?

thanks!

filipfug wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:59 pm Hello,

thanks for the effort on drivenbymoss!

i have a question about push2 4 bitwig on mac os.
bitwig 3.2.8, drivenbymoss DrivenByMoss-10.7.0-Bitwig, mac os 10.14.6

when using the push as controller on native bitwig plugins i experience smooth parameter changes via the push controller. when using the push controller on 3rd party plugins i experience small little jumps when using the push controller to control the plugin parameter. in the plugins the parameter looks jittery in animation, in bitwig the corresponding parameter knob shows little offsets between orange knob position and some blue modulation glitches.

is this behaviour normal?

thanks!
Since 10.7 this is fully controlled by Bitwig. The only factor on this is the knob speed setting. You could try to modify this and see if this gives a change otherwise contact Bitwig.

Jurgen, in the launchpad series, when you use the shift button to create a new track (audio/instrument/effects), it always shows up as grey colored. When I create a new track using Bitwig's interface, the tracks get a random color. Is it possible for me to configure your extension to where new audio and instrument tracks get a random color?

Ah, nevermind. I modified your Auto Color script to pick a random color for each track.

Hi Moss,

Your latest version of DrivenByMoss (v10.7.1) crashes in Bitwig v3.2.8.
The previous version (v10.7.0) works fine!

Cheers,
Joris

vadimred13 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:28 am Ah, nevermind. I modified your Auto Color script to pick a random color for each track.
That's the way to do it :-)

joris.roling wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:58 am Hi Moss,

Your latest version of DrivenByMoss (v10.7.1) crashes in Bitwig v3.2.8.
The previous version (v10.7.0) works fine!

Cheers,
Joris
Would you mind to share with which controller it crashes? And please post the exception. Thanks.

moss wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:17 am Would you mind to share with which controller it crashes? And please post the exception. Thanks.
No problem...

Komplete Kontrol A-series / M32

java.lang.NullPointerException
at de.mossgrabers.bitwig.framework.daw.data.bank.LayerBankImpl.<init>(LayerBankImpl.java:59)
at de.mossgrabers.bitwig.framework.daw.data.SpecificDeviceImpl.<init>(SpecificDeviceImpl.java:89)
at de.mossgrabers.bitwig.framework.daw.data.CursorDeviceImpl.<init>(CursorDeviceImpl.java:43)
at de.mossgrabers.bitwig.framework.daw.ModelImpl.<init>(ModelImpl.java:139)
at de.mossgrabers.bitwig.framework.BitwigSetupFactory.createModel(BitwigSetupFactory.java:49)
at de.mossgrabers.controller.kontrol.mkii.KontrolProtocolControllerSetup.createModel(KontrolProtocolControllerSetup.java:168)
at de.mossgrabers.framework.controller.AbstractControllerSetup.init(AbstractControllerSetup.java:135)
at de.mossgrabers.controller.kontrol.mkii.KontrolProtocolControllerSetup.init(KontrolProtocolControllerSetup.java:106)
at de.mossgrabers.bitwig.framework.extension.GenericControllerExtension.init(GenericControllerExtension.java:42)
at mJ.kRZ(SourceFile:19)
at dGv.G2t(SourceFile:57)
at b12.UX(SourceFile:258)
at b12.UX(SourceFile:172)
at b12.<init>(SourceFile:136)
at tyq.UX(SourceFile:235)
at tyq.hCG(SourceFile:324)
at tyq.UX(SourceFile:190)
at NuD.run(SourceFile:91)
at tyq.run(SourceFile:106)

[*]Launchpad Pro Mk3
  • Fixed: (Regression in 10.7) Mode selection did not always work
Thanks Moss, it works great now :)

joris.roling wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:29 am
moss wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:17 am Would you mind to share with which controller it crashes? And please post the exception. Thanks.
No problem...

Komplete Kontrol A-series / M32

at de.mossgrabers.bitwig.framework.daw.data.bank.LayerBankImpl.<init>(LayerBankImpl.java:59)
Thanks, will be fixed soon.

Since the latest DrivenByMoss Update (v10.7.1) Auto Color crashes. Had to disable it:
Bitwig_Studio_Ms37xdRksz.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hello !
I come back for a bug that i talked about before regarding the Drumachine with the push 2 and the last moss script (but it already happened before)
I made a little video to show it.
https://youtu.be/X2acHHdztwc

And another bug with osc that crashed on start .
I have to desactivate it .
Thanks Moss !

Return to “Controller Scripting”