New DIVA components

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic

Which synth's components would you like to see u-he add to DIVA next?

Yamaha CS-80
25%
Oberheim OB-X
27%
Prophet 5 V2
15%
ARP 2500
8%
Synthacon Filters
1%
Roland TB-303 Filters
14%
Synthi
5%
Polyvoks
6%

Total votes: 488

RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'd love some CS80 components, too. But a full-blown CS80, with that ring modulator and aftertouch everywhere, would be really wonderful. :D
Peace, my friends. I'm not seeking arguments here. ;)

poonna wrote:I'd love some CS80 components, too. But a full-blown CS80, with that ring modulator and aftertouch everywhere, would be really wonderful. :D
I reckon too few people have the necessary hardware. Without polyphonic aftertouch and the ribbon controller, the CS80 wouldn't be very impressive at all. With such hardware, the current crop of modules would shine so much brighter! Still waiting for an affordable (and small) master keyboard with good polyAT...

CS-80, Prophet-5 v2, SEM. In that order.
Howard wrote:Still waiting for an affordable (and small) master keyboard with good polyAT...
Get an Ensoniq SQ-80 or VFX... that's the closest you can get to affordable aftertouch nowadays, since I don't think poly AT is going to get much cheaper to produce...

I used to own 2 Ensoniq ASR10. The polyAT isn't good enough.

EvilDragon wrote:CS-80, Prophet-5 v2, SEM. In that order.
Howard wrote:Still waiting for an affordable (and small) master keyboard with good polyAT...
Get an Ensoniq SQ-80 or VFX... that's the closest you can get to affordable aftertouch nowadays, since I don't think poly AT is going to get much cheaper to produce...
I think Arturia have done a good job with the SEM, personally I would l,e to see the arp before new models, or stuff that is a bit more obscure.

EvilDragon wrote:Get an Ensoniq SQ-80 or VFX... that's the closest you can get to affordable aftertouch nowadays, since I don't think poly AT is going to get much cheaper to produce...
Older keyboards might have reliability issues. The only current one, I think, is the Infinite Response VAX77 keyboard, which is quite expensive. It's a bit surprising that, with all the current technology, polyphonic aftertouch is still that costly to produce.

Also, agree that CS80 would lose most of its charms without a proper controller. My second choice would then be either the ARP or the 303 filter.

CS 80 please
dedication to flying

Howard wrote:I used to own 2 Ensoniq ASR10. The polyAT isn't good enough.
:(

poonna wrote:It's a bit surprising that, with all the current technology, polyphonic aftertouch is still that costly to produce.
Not really. Channel aftertouch is basically just one strip going through the keyboard range (or two strips, depending on the design - some have separate strips for black and white keys). Poly aftertouch is one strip PER key. Of course it's going to be costlier to produce!!

EvilDragon wrote:
Howard wrote:I used to own 2 Ensoniq ASR10. The polyAT isn't good enough.
:(

poonna wrote:It's a bit surprising that, with all the current technology, polyphonic aftertouch is still that costly to produce.
Not really. Channel aftertouch is basically just one strip going through the keyboard range (or two strips, depending on the design - some have separate strips for black and white keys). Poly aftertouch is one strip PER key. Of course it's going to be costlier to produce!!

Then somebody make a 49 key version... less keys, less polyAT cost...

SEM please! :love:

EvilDragon wrote:Channel aftertouch is basically just one strip going through the keyboard range (or two strips, depending on the design - some have separate strips for black and white keys). Poly aftertouch is one strip PER key. Of course it's going to be costlier to produce!!
Yeah, that's understandable. I was hoping for some other kind of sensor technology that might be cheaper to produce per key. Maybe someday...

A PolyAT keyboard shouldn't be that expensive to make. There are PolyAT upgrades for the Rhodes Chroma that costs 345$. And this is an extremely low volume product. If you make 1000 or 10 000 keyboards that amount is reduced drastically.

EDIT: That's using FSR:s. Piezo elements are like a Dollar for ten. Cheaper if you buy in bulk.
Last edited by jupiter8 on Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

An Albino3 emulation.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote:An Albino3 emulation.
:hihi:

I'd be more interested in something unique!
A Wasp or Oscar filter would be nice!

Out of the bunch from the poll I'd probably choose the TB-303 or the Polyvoks since it would add the most to Diva imo.
I'm not quite sure about the others. We already have a bunch of tamed filters from the big famous synths. The only one that truely stands out is the MS-20 filter at the moment.
The Oberheim filter also sounds quite different from what we have now but I wouldn't survive the thousands of Jump demos it would spawn :hihi:
The CS-80 and the Synthi are more like the sum of their parts.....simply throwing in a few of their components wouldn't get you anywhere near the originals.

You have to look at it this way: How many more flavours would you get out of a Prophet filter? Urs and the gang probably would have to work months for it. I don't think it would be worth it from a practical point of view.

However, I'm not much of a vintage cheese guy, so maybe this is the wrong thread for me :hihi:
I'd throw all the mentioned filters away for a simple wavetable osc. It wouldn't be that hard to implement and it would add a lot of possibilities to Diva.

Cheers
Dennis

Gonga wrote:We need a quality Arp - such gorgeous sound, historic, unique and under-represented among quality vsts.

http://danling.com/studio/sounds/Americ ... 20edit.mp3

Was the 2500 the one with the "Moog" 24-pole filter? I may prefer the latter 2600 (?)
These are some serioulsy beautiful sounds!!!

:shock: :-o :o 8)

Edit: BTW, where did I hear this tune before?

Return to “u-he”