MacOS 12 Monterey & Windows 11 Support

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

From our tests of these new operating systems, with the latest versions of our plug-ins, MacOS 12 and Windows 11 should be supported.

Have you migrated to these new systems yet? Any success or failure to report?

Axiom loads as standalone app on macOS Monterey 12.0.1 but Ableton Live 11.0.12 could not load it as a plugin.

Which plug-in format have you installed (AU, VST or VST3)?

VST3 - it does load now in Ableton after having opened the standalone app. All looks good.

Is it realistic to ask for a port to Linux? I understand if it's not possible but damn would I be happy if it happened, I have 2 machines, macOS and Linux machines, and use yabridge to run BCA plugins on my linux machine, but running it natively would let me run my native plugins. Then again not counting on it since I know it could be a time/money sink!

Native Linux would indeed be nice to have, but that's a large amount of work. Since it is still a rather small market, the idea would be to do it on our spare time, but I must admit there have been close to none in the past 2 years (thank you Apple!). So hopefully one day, but probably not soon (there is a Linux box running at the office but not doing much, unfortunately)!

I suspected as much! Thanks for the detailed reply!

Another question, what would be the appropriate place to post feature requests?

After moving to a new computer running Monterey, I have downloaded the latest version of Meter Pro (4.3). After installing it and opening Logic, the app seemed to accept my licence info, but it maintains it can't use this (or any other) BC plug-in as they are from an unknown developer, or can't be scanned for malware? (Sorry, I can't force it to reproduce the exact message now). They all fail validation and do not function. I have the setting on my machine where I can choose to accept things from unknown developers anyway, but I expect you guys are 'known'? So, all my BC plugins are non-functional in Logic at the moment.

Hi,

That's really odd. Have you copied the plug-ins manually or installed them with the installer? Also, have you made sure that you have the latest versions for all of them?

I went to the download page I had on file for each plugin to download a new installer. I noted that each download page would show me the current version number. In most cases, I was moving to a higher version number in the process. In maybe a couple of cases, the update was a paid one and I haven't proceeded in those cases. So I believe I have a mix of the latest versions, and in a few cases, maybe not the very latest. But none of the plugins would authorise.

I will revisit the download pages and plugins, and make sure I didn't accidentally re-download old installers or something. Then I'll report back. Thanks.

Okay, more than a month later, I'm back with results.

All of the plug-ins I had installed (with their installers) claimed they wouldn't open because the developer was unknown. I thought I'd try overcoming the warning the typical way, by right-clicking on them and opening manually in the finder. They had no default app, but I chose Logic. This worked in most cases. After manually opening all I have, I reset and rescanned them in Logic and can show you the results in the paste below (Sorry for elipses, but you can deduce the plugin names pretty easily)

,BC DP M...4 (Mono),4.3.0,successfully validated
,BC DP M...o 4 (Srnd),4.3.0,successfully validated
,BC DP M…4 (Stereo),4.3.0,successfully validated
,BC Dyna…..s 4(Mono),4.4.0,successfullv validated
,BC Dyna……4(Stereo),4.4.0,successfully validated
,BC FreqA...st Multi 2,2.4.0,successfully validated
,BC FreqA...2 (Mono),2.1.0,successfully validated
,BC FreqA...(Stereo),2.1.0,successfully validated
,BC MB-7…r 2 (Dual),2.5.4,couldn't be opened
,BC MB-7…..2 (Mono),2.5.4,couldn't be opened
,BC MB-7…..2 (Stereo),2.5.4,couldn't be opened
,BC Oscill…pe Multi 2,2.4.0,successfully validated
,BC Stere….pe Multi 2,2.4.0,successfully validated
,StereoScope Pro,10.0,couldn't be opened

So in the end, most worked after I attempted to open them manually in the Finder. A few would never work; I tried them repeatedly.

Thanks for getting back to us with more details. For these, that's because they are older versions that are not compatible:
,BC MB-7…r 2 (Dual),2.5.4,couldn't be opened
,BC MB-7…..2 (Mono),2.5.4,couldn't be opened
,BC MB-7…..2 (Stereo),2.5.4,couldn't be opened
You will have to upgrade to the MB-7 Mixer V3 to get a compatible version.
,StereoScope Pro,10.0,couldn't be opened
The StereoScope Pro 2.x is compatible.

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”