What Delays are you using?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have probably most part of all popular delays from market, but no favorites. Noted that more often use built in daw, btw Studio One have quite interesting and useful stock delays, each with his own fun mini-trick. But ofcourse i not mean that plugs not need, just i unable to see factor of that difference, which make delay favorite. (But I like to read such info from other people, it's interesting.)
From the last that I used in a plugin form, can note already mentioned EC300 - very good work. UVI Relayer, with his interesting IR colorizatioin (Modnetic uses similar approach, and noticeable cpu eating too). Arturia Eternity, technogenic palette and memorable modulation system.

jamcat wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:13 am Why not just use whatever delay is included in your DAW?

They all sound the same in the mix anyways. :shrug:
This is true to some extent, particularly for the most basic delay needs, but that varies from DAW to DAW and the bundled delays often lack some of the more creative features, like swing, delay pattern sequencer, ducking, saturation or other effects, etc.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

FWIW, I was responding to the OP, who is looking for a free, basic delay to replace his obsolete 32-bit free, basic delay.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Anyone uses/compared IK Space Delay vs AudioThing Outer Space vs Arturia Tape-201? Which one do you prefer?

HcDoom wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:03 pm Anyone uses/compared IK Space Delay vs AudioThing Outer Space vs Arturia Tape-201? Which one do you prefer?
Surreal Machines Modnetic

ntom wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:41 am I recently built a new PC and was installing all my plugins when I noticed...I mostly only use a single delay plugin and it's a free delay plugin that I have been using since....probably since I started writing music some 10 years ago or something. It's good, it's reliable. It's not supported any more and is 32bit.

I don't think I will ever replace it, I'll probably still rely on it for years to come. It's simple, not too complicated, but with just the right amount of control and character to get what I want.
I would like to stop relying so heavily on this plugin - despite it's usefulness - and maybe add a new delay to my arsenal...uh....a second delay.

It doesn't need to be freeware - though freeware is a nice bonus. Tell me what you use.
Here is a nice free one: https://www.kvraudio.com/product/spaces ... al-entropy

HcDoom wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:03 pm Anyone uses/compared IK Space Delay vs AudioThing Outer Space vs Arturia Tape-201? Which one do you prefer?
Space Delay and Outer Space sound better to me than Tape-201. Outer Space offers more possibilities for less money than Space Delay. And AudioThing is working on version 2.0 of Outer Space, so I expect it to become even better in 2021.

Now Guitar Rig users also get Replica GR and Replika Shimmer to contend with.

Magic Russ wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:55 am Now Guitar Rig users also get Replica GR and Replika Shimmer to contend with.
GR6 has become quite an impressive FX rack. Replika GR misses a few of XT's advanced features, but it still sounds as good as XT. Funny that they've added a Normal and Wide mode as I usually put L/R Offset (in the Panning menu) to 0.0 ms. Some other developers' delays have that stereo widening built-in without the possibility to turn it off. Replika GR still is a bit heavy on the CPU though.

Since I got Echoboy, ive never looked back
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

EchoBoy still a very good thing, but lack of automation for more than half parameters does it applicable just for achieve rather common results, that sad, being controlable in realtime his rich engine would be give many unusual sound tricks.

jamcat wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:13 am Why not just use whatever delay is included in your DAW?

They all sound the same in the mix anyways. :shrug:
I sure think you're talking about EQ not delay. Delays can sound very different even in a busy mix.
Last edited by v1o on Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

jamcat wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:13 am They all sound the same in the mix anyways. :shrug:
I just picked this up for the fun of it ...

https://www.audiority.com/shop/echoes-t7e/

I'm using a Reminder and the delay on my Lyra-8 more often than not these days tbh ... but i think the Echoes T7E will be great for sound design.

rrrrr
Last edited by codec_spurt on Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GozOCQX ... e=emb_logo

Cool example on how lifeless a (clean) plug-in delay can sound.

Return to “Effects”