Cutoff Frequency???

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was watching a two-year old video on setting up Sylenth, and realized his version showed Actual Frequency values for Cutoff and Resonance. Why in the world would you change them to 1 thru 10 ??? Makes it very hard to match an EQ or other filter setting.

Any way to change a setting to get them back?

Wouldn't those values become invalid anyway when you turn the global cutoff knob?

Yes, it's impossible to display the real cutoff frequency, because it depends not only on the Cutoff knob, but also on the global Cutoff knob and any modulation through envelopes, LFO's, velocity, aftertouch, ...

The old version did display a value, but that was pretty useless because it did not represent the actual cutoff frequency in any way.

In the latest version of Sylenth1 we have added an option in the Settings.xml file to display the cutoff frequencies in the same (faulty) Hz scale as in the old versions.

Download and install Sylenth1 v3.040, then click MENU -> Open Data Folder. Browse to Config and open the Settings.xml file.

Edit the following line:
Compatibility useV2Engine="0" displayCutoffInHz="1"/>

Save the file and restart Sylenth1.

I love the increased mouse sensitivity in the latest version - many thanks for this! :)

Regarding the cutoff frequency, when I double click the Settings.xml file, it tries to open in Logic Pro as a new project. This is more of a Mac OS question, but how do I open the file so that it can be edited?

Just open it with Text Edit (although it's not really an xml editor, so it may type wrong quotes for example. Just copy/paste them instead if needed). Any freeware xml editor will do fine too.

Return to “LennarDigital”