Problems with Maelcum

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I recently downloaded a few of the Tweak Bench plugins and I'm having some problems with Maelcum. Everytime I load the plug on a track and try and remove it from an insert it crashes Pro Tools. I have it wrapped as an RTAS with the Fxpansion 2.0 wrapper. I also downloaded Cairo, Breakdown, and Pippo and they all work fine. Any ideas?

I've never tested any of the plugins inside an RTAS wrapper, so I'd imagine that is part of the issue. Are there any updates for the wrapper? I know Fxpansion's VST wrapper for DX hosts fixed several issues in a later update.

Anyone else have any ideas?

The latest version for the wrapper is 2.11 so that's up to date. I tried some more testing at it appears that if you try to move, delete, replace, or disable the plugin, I get a C++ Runtime Error and Pro Tools crashes. If you want, I can put all of your plugins through their paces in an RTAS environment and let you know if there are any more problems.

Alright.. I hope this is a "your configuration" issue, and not a global incompatibility with the RTAS wrapper.. that'd suck.

I downloaded a few of your plugins and it appears to only be on the Maelcum, not the others. I'll download the others in a few days and run all of them through RTAS and let you know if there are any problems with the others.

Akanishta wrote:I downloaded a few of your plugins and it appears to only be on the Maelcum, not the others. I'll download the others in a few days and run all of them through RTAS and let you know if there are any problems with the others.
cool, thanks! i'm suspecting it has to do with the tape saturation components.. so i'd be interested to see specifically if Breakdown and Field have the same problem.. as that part of the design is quite similar.. thanks again for testing them!

Hi,

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you, I had a few sessions to finish up. I downloaded the rest of your plug ins and ran them all through a full Pro Tools session test. Here's the results;

The computer I'm running is a PC with

CPU: AMD X2 6000+ 3.0GHz dual core
RAM: 2GB XMS2 RAM
Pro Tools LE
Fxpansion VST - RTAS Wrapper v. 2.11

All of the plug ins downloaded properly.
They all installed fine.
They all wrapped to RTAS.
They all appeared in Pro Tools.
They all launched correctly.
They all function with all parameters working.
The only problems were with Maelcum and Grumblebum.
The problem with both is the same. If you try and either disable, move, or delete them, they crash Pro Tools with a C++ Runtime Error. They function fine if you leave them where they are. I hope this helps, and if you need any further testing, let me know.

Thanks! I'll try and figure out what is causing these. I have a friend who has a PT setup, and I can probably debug these there. Look for any updated versions in the future.

Also, can anyone else confirm that those 2 are misbehaving in ProTools? Maybe it's even specific to an OS version or PT version?

Return to “Tweakbench”