Little "bug"

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Jo,

there is a little bug (I don't know if I should call it like this) in the Level Compressor:

I made a start session for me with an already connected level compressor for sidechaining processing the bass rack...

I routed the kickdrum to the audioinput 2 and the bass rack to audio input 1 (like it should be)...

The problem is, as soon as you turn "Process off" on the compressor, you get the kickdrum (which should not hearable from the compressor) routed to the audio output of the compressor, which of course doubles the signal on the master...

I don't think, that's the way it should be and I use this process on/off very often to compare the compressed with the uncompressed signal...

I usually think of switching a module OFF as a hard bypass, not a kill output.
For e.g. a filter i would not like your proposed bahaviour.

You might try to mute the outgoing connection, which will give the desired result. Or you add a balancer as a dry/wet control.

AndreasD wrote:I usually think of switching a module OFF as a hard bypass, not a kill output.
For e.g. a filter i would not like your proposed bahaviour.

You might try to mute the outgoing connection, which will give the desired result. Or you add a balancer as a dry/wet control.
Of course, there are workarounds, but I need this Process Off feature too to save CPU, while everything is already wired in my starter project...
nevertheless shouldn't the Level Compressor behave like that...the trigger signal of the sidechain should never be heard except the ones , which have a switch to monitor it...

Return to “MUTOOLS”