Bugs? with World Instruments Collection for SampleTank ?

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello there,

after a first try with SampleTank 2.5XL, I was not that convinced... but for some reason I started to slowly enjoy the "different", "less polished" sounds...

and I bought Total Workstation Bundle 2.

Yesterday, I decided to add "World Instruments Collection" Xpansion pack...
And I was disappointed because I found many sounds that seem to have some problems in the lower range, the sound is suddenly totally dull (low level, and low pass filtered).

It is the case, for instance, with the "Koto" patch. But it appears with many different patches I tried. Also, the pitch bend is often set to +/-24, which sounds ridiculous...

I already noticed, in the Sampletank or SonicSynth2 libraries, that some sounds are a bit out of tune, and have very very differents volumes, but taken separately, each sound is good. Here, with this Xpansion, I have the feeling there is a kind of "bug", as this syndrome (very low level / filtered sounds in the lower range) affects many patches.

Am I the only one ? It is a pity, because some of these patches have a great potential, but I'd like to use them even in the lower notes.

Oooh, btw, I am using SampleTank Free to read all my sounds, but I guess the SampleTank 2.5XL or SampleTank Free engine/interface are the same...

up?

Sounds are sometimes mapped outside of their natural range so they're extended when played from the keyboard. The tradeoff at times is that they sound duller when stretched lower and brighter when mapped higher. You can sometimes compensate for this with the filter and eq settings or better yet you can play the instrument in its natural range.

Oh no, the problem is not that sounds are a bit duller...
They have something like -24db applied to them, and a huge filter...

In fact, at first, I thought there was no sound at all...

Try the Koto patch... I can not believe only my copy is affected by this problem... if I had paid the full $39 price I would ask for a refund as it is simply not acceptable...

If it was just one bank... and if it was a minor problem that you could correct, but here, I tried, nothing can be done.

frozenjazz wrote:Oh no, the problem is not that sounds are a bit duller...
They have something like -24db applied to them, and a huge filter...

In fact, at first, I thought there was no sound at all...

Try the Koto patch... I can not believe only my copy is affected by this problem... if I had paid the full $39 price I would ask for a refund as it is simply not acceptable...

If it was just one bank... and if it was a minor problem that you could correct, but here, I tried, nothing can be done.

I sent you a PM.Download the World Instruments again, its been updated.

Hi there, downloaded it all again... but problem is still there... with Koto, with Celtic Harp3, with Hurdy Gurdy, with Kantele, with Psaltry Harp....
and probably many others...

always the same problem, lower notes (I clicked on the Zone button to make sure I was in the allowed range) are becoming extremely dull and quiet (extremely!)

I just see that the file I downloaded has a different size, compared to the previous one... I would be curious to know what files have been touched... but the bug is still there...

And yes, I am sure I load the new version - I have both directories (one renamed in "OLD", and I tried loading the sounds from OLD and new, same thing...

OK, I checked the previous download and this one...

In the new one, sti and sth files are different; but... sti files are older...
their date is often 2007 (28 Aug 2007 for Koto, Kantele for example), and in the previous version I downloaded, they are dated 10 March 2010.

Oh well, in both cases, same big bug...

The good news is I only lost $9 with this bank.
I also lost $9 with "Symphony Strings", but just because the sounds are... well, to stay polite, I will say "not my taste".

But in Worlds Instrument, many could be good, except they can be played only on the upper range, extrememy frustrating !

Weird - I tried the "Koto" patch here and it seems and sounds OK to me.

The koto.stw file size is 704 KB (720,896 bytes) and it's dated 28 August 2007

Where are you seeing the Pitch Bend of +/-24? The Pitch Control is +/- 36 but the Pitch Bend wheel is +/- 2 semitones I think.

Mind you, the lowest zone of the Kantele sounds out of whack to me.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”