Ample Sound releases AGL, AGM and AGT v1.5.0 featuring Tab Player

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

News item:

Ample Sound has released AGL, AGM and AGT v1.5.0, which adds a built-in Tablature Player Panel.

The Tab Player can load and play several prevalent guitar tablature file formats. Users can load, display and playback any specific track inside a tablature file. When used in DAWs, the Tab Player also allows users to export the tablature as an audio file.

The Tab Player supports all the fingering, looping, chords, techniques and other markers in the loaded tablature. Supported techniques include: Strum, Natural Harmonic, Artificial Harmonic, Hammer On/Pull Off, Trill, Bend, Tremolo Bar, Legato Slide, Slide In, Slide Out, Vibrato, Tremolo Picking, Palm Mute, Popping, Tapping, Let Ring, Staccato, Dead Note, Grace Note, Ghost Note, Accentuated Note, Fade In, etc.

As a built-in function, the Tab Player works seamlessly with the Ample Guitar instrument engine, which has extremely customized guitar playing logic so as to model a real world guitar being played. The Tab Player can even judge on its own to automatically add some refining techniques when it thinks it is appropriate, such as slapping on strings or body, or other realistic and indispensable noises.

Strumming is an important factor of guitar playing. By taking advantage of the Ample Guitar Strummer engine, the Tab Player can not only mingle different techniques into strumming, but can also alternate between strumming several strings (i.e. multiple notes) simultaneously and strum at a particular string (i.e. one note).

Apart from authentic playback, the Tab Player can also improve an imperfect tablature with a few mouse clicks. For example:
  • If the tablature has some flaws in velocity, the Tab Player can set the overall velocity in percentage terms. Also, some swing can be added on the velocity.
  • The Tab Player provides a time swing parameter to make the playback of the original tablature more human.
  • The Tab Player can utilize the Strum Time feature of the Ample Guitar Strummer to control the strumming time in the tablature. (Strumming Time means the time to finish a chord strumming).
  • If the original tablature somehow did not have sustain information written in it, users can simply use the Hold Pedal function in Ample Guitar to achieve the desired sustain result.
These are just a few examples of what you can improve in the Tab Player.

In general, the Tab Player can somehow improve the overall feeling and effect of even a very trivial and crude tablature.

The Tab Player builds a bridge between prevalent guitar tablature files and professional DAWs. Ample Sound want to provide users on all DAWs and plug-ins the possibility to use and take advantage of guitar tablatures.

The Tab Player now supports GP3, GP4 and GP5. They will support more tablature formats in the future. The Tab Player is now available in the latest version of AGM, AGT and AGL (i.e. the acoustic Ample Guitars). The electric Ample Guitars (AGF, AGG and AGP) will include this function in near future, together with some other major improvements.

Changes in AGL AGM AGT v1.5.0 and AGF AGG AGP v1.3.8:
  • fixed a bug when MIDI events are not properly handled according to their timestamps, which could cause some malfunctions on MIDI event timing, especially when used at large buffer size.
  • updated the tuning presets for AGF and AGG.
  • fixed a bug that AGF, AGG and AGP could crash on a particular sample on Mac.
  • updated the Ample Sound Standalone to use the last-time-used audio device on every start; added a keyboard (space key) control to turn on/off the Tab Player.
All updates are Free of charge. Existing Ample Guitar users can get their updates at MyAmpleSound page.

The Tab Player Demonstration Video:
Hotel California (original music by Eagles)

Wish You Were Here (original music by Pink Floyd)

Can you give an ETA for the Tab feature on the AGG? Are we talking days, weeks, months? It looks like a great update!

You guys make fabulous products!!
Cap'n Spanky
From the Planet Screwball

Nickl wrote:Can you give an ETA for the Tab feature on the AGG? Are we talking days, weeks, months? It looks like a great update!
How about seconds? I just downloaded it.

Nickl wrote:Can you give an ETA for the Tab feature on the AGG? Are we talking days, weeks, months? It looks like a great update!
Hi, The update for electric guitars will come in a month

Can DAW reflect as MIDI data?
gp5 file which was loaded by Ample Sound pligin

adamas2 wrote:Can DAW reflect as MIDI data?
gp5 file which was loaded by Ample Sound pligin
midiout will be supported in the next update in a month

Hi Amplesound - I've updated my product to test the Tab Panel.

Three questions:

1 - in Standalone mode, how does the AGM engine determine the tempo of the tab file? Some tabs I tested seem to be in correct tempo during playback and some not. But in all cases, the correct tempo is listed in the top right corner of the tab.

2 - It seems the AGM engine can only play tabs in Standard Tuning (or within 2 semitones down if you manually tune the strings in the GUI). Most of the tabs I use and write are in many different alternate tunings. I guess the AGM engine is limited to only be able to play tabs for what the guitar on the software can be tuned to. Are there any future plans to be able to tune the strings of the guitar to something other than just 2 semitones down? And if so, could the Tab Panel read the tuning from the .gp5/6 file?

3 - The Strummer turns itself off while I'm playing a tab, no matter how many times I turn it on. I think this is because of the Strummer on/off keyswitch contained in the tab. Can you add a "Bypass Strummer Keyswitch" function into the tab panel to avoid this?

1. click "Option" in Standalone, you will find Tempo, just type a number into it.

2. Ample Guitar design concept is "No resample - high quality", so we limit alternate tuning to max -2.

3. If you use "brush" (ctrl+u or ctrl+d) in guitar pro, the strummer will be toggled on. if you write a "normal note", the strummer will be toggled off.

Ok, thank you for the replies.

Return to “Ample Sound”