Arturia V Collection 6

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Buchla Easel V Clavinet V CMI V DX7 V

ENV1 wrote:Considering how many features this thing has it seems clear that 8 minutes is way on the short side.
"Overview"-video: 25.5min
Demo time: 8min

:lol:

ENV1 wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
With saving presets, the 20 minute run time is just a minor annoyance. You could still use the synth forever, render all your tracks and never have to pay for the software.

With saving presets, the only way to force you to buy the software is to do what U-he does and put noise in.
Ah...i see what you mean now.

Well, a bit of noise would certainly be acceptable too as long as its not like every 10 seconds (Harmor anyone?) and doesnt blast the domes off your tweeters. A subtle whisper like every 30 seconds or so would be enough to make sure people cant use the demos for production while not getting on the demoers nerves. I could certainly live with that if it meant that i can make a variety of different sounds and take my time.
I forgot that Arturia has actual demos. Hell, twenty minutes is plenty of time to make use of the Buchla in interesting ways.

I much prefer time limited but fully functional "trials" to demos though.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:Especially because you have to start from scratch with routing before you can even get anything to sound :roll:

I deleted the response from the developer. Basically, he insisted it was enough time to get some ideas going, and, that at the asking price of 15euros, perhaps I should just buy it :tu:

Way to acquire customers.

ghettosynth wrote:I forgot that Arturia has actual demos. Hell, twenty minutes is plenty of time to make use of the Buchla in interesting ways.
The Buchla, yeah, i suppose so.

(I have downloaded it but so far only checked if it runs.)

But the DX or CMI are a totally different ballgame. If youre not a preset user you cant really judge anything unless you have enough time to really get in there. Thus if you only have 20 minutes per go and no saving you cant ever go all the way because time will always be up just when youre about to really get started. After all a good sound can take hours to make, even days if you strive for total perfection. Thats especially true when a synth has as many features as Arturias DX and Fairlight have.
ghettosynth wrote:I much prefer time limited but fully functional "trials" to demos though.
Everyone does, i suppose. The reason why we dont see this more is probably because trials can usually be easily reset unless it involves a dongle or some form of online process. (Which many people refuse to put up with just to demo something.) In fact there are quite a few plugins that could theoretically be used forever if you just kept getting rid of the stuff that tells the plugin when the trial period was started. So in a way its perfectly understandable that this may not be every devs solution-of-choice.

But yes, from a users point of view it is certainly perferrable to per-instance timelimits and noise and whathaveyou since you will have enough time to really check everything out in detail AND you can even save your progress too. That way you can make a well-informed decision as to whether or not you should purchase and thus the chance that you will regret the whole thing later on is practically nil. Personally i sure wouldnt mind if it always worked like that.

Lol at people complaining about the 30 minute demo time.
:borg:

ENV1 wrote:But yes, from a users point of view it is certainly perferrable to per-instance timelimits and noise
I guess I'm the odd one out, then :shrug: The only one I can't stand is audio dropouts, which I find to be obnoxious and unnecessary. In my opinion, U-he get it right (as with many other things). That gentle static intrusion is enough to render any attempts to render ( :wink: ), useless, but detracts nothing from enjoying the testing process :tu:

V0RT3X wrote:Lol at people complaining about the 30 minute demo time.
It's 20 minutes, and I happen to think it's fine :tu:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:The only one I can't stand is audio dropouts, which I find to be obnoxious and unnecessary.
Weird (actually: not so much): This is the variant I can live with.

Must be difficult to be a dev these days and trying to serve most (potential) clients.

elassi wrote:
ENV1 wrote:Considering how many features this thing has it seems clear that 8 minutes is way on the short side.
"Overview"-video: 25.5min
Demo time: 8min

Yeah, its ridiculous.

Gives you the impression that the dev doesnt want you to see too much so you buy before something turns you off.

Doesnt work for me, i need to see what im getting before i give anyone any money.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:I guess I'm the odd one out, then :shrug:
Nah, there are probably many who think like you.

I shouldnt have put it so broadly.

ENV1 wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:I guess I'm the odd one out, then :shrug:
Nah, there are probably many who think like you.

I shouldnt have put it so broadly.
I wouldn't worry about it. I've always kinda occupied my own little square :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sm-zWDaoCtI

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:I wouldn't worry about it. I've always kinda occupied my own little square :wink:

Lovely.

Wait, prefer the spanish expression: muy amable. :)

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:I wouldn't worry about it. I've always kinda occupied my own little square :wink:

(That was a toughie.)

ENV1 wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:I forgot that Arturia has actual demos. Hell, twenty minutes is plenty of time to make use of the Buchla in interesting ways.
The Buchla, yeah, i suppose so.

(I have downloaded it but so far only checked if it runs.)

But the DX or CMI are a totally different ballgame. If youre not a preset user you cant really judge anything unless you have enough time to really get in there. Thus if you only have 20 minutes per go and no saving you cant ever go all the way because time will always be up just when youre about to really get started. After all a good sound can take hours to make, even days if you strive for total perfection. Thats especially true when a synth has as many features as Arturias DX and Fairlight have.
ghettosynth wrote:I much prefer time limited but fully functional "trials" to demos though.
Everyone does, i suppose. The reason why we dont see this more is probably because trials can usually be easily reset unless it involves a dongle or some form of online process. (Which many people refuse to put up with just to demo something.) In fact there are quite a few plugins that could theoretically be used forever if you just kept getting rid of the stuff that tells the plugin when the trial period was started. So in a way its perfectly understandable that this may not be every devs solution-of-choice.

But yes, from a users point of view it is certainly perferrable to per-instance timelimits and noise and whathaveyou since you will have enough time to really check everything out in detail AND you can even save your progress too. That way you can make a well-informed decision as to whether or not you should purchase and thus the chance that you will regret the whole thing later on is practically nil. Personally i sure wouldnt mind if it always worked like that.

Yeah I'm not so much justifying their short demo as realizing that there's no reason for me to put off my demo. For some reason I was thinking that they had time limited trials.

ghettosynth wrote:Yes, it was stated in context of refuting the universal claim of objectivity via statistical methods. As I said, some emulations can be shown mathematically to be more accurate than others, I did not say all, nor did I imply that I meant anything in specific. It was a refutation of the given statement, not a universal claim. Of course if we want to say something about a specific instance of an emulation, e.g., the 2600v, we either have to know something about its model, or we have to measure it to determine where its model fails. However, it's not unreasonable to assume, based on several factors, that we can infer some details of the modeling techniques used.
Still I have a question about this. Assuming you have the code of the 2600V. How do you get hold of the level of deviation in the manufacturing process of the original chip (say we are talking about the filter chip). I doubt there is a database with information for this as these are custom chips.

I hope you find time to also answer my PM.

Return to “Instruments”