Arturia V Collection 6

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Buchla Easel V Clavinet V CMI V DX7 V

wagtunes wrote:
Anyway, I have way too many new toys to play with. Sadly, I don't have enough time to really play with them all.
Amen to that brother. That was a hell of a collection. And I thought I bought a lot over the last year ;)

lnikj wrote:Not sure it does work. Certainly not in Ableton. Anybody?
In the manual I couldn't see how the pre-amp section, to which it's referred you can send external audio into, actually does this. There is nothing about it in the pre-amp section of the manual, nor anything that suggests you can feed audio into it, other than that one reference mentioned above - I'm guessing this is a manual error.

jasonekratz wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Anyway, I have way too many new toys to play with. Sadly, I don't have enough time to really play with them all.
Amen to that brother. That was a hell of a collection. And I thought I bought a lot over the last year ;)
And that's only a fraction of all the stuff I do have.

(No don't worry forum, I'm not posting the whole list again for the 93rd time. LOL)

beely wrote:
lnikj wrote:Not sure it does work. Certainly not in Ableton. Anybody?
In the manual I couldn't see how the pre-amp section, to which it's referred you can send external audio into, actually does this. There is nothing about it in the pre-amp section of the manual, nor anything that suggests you can feed audio into it, other than that one reference mentioned above - I'm guessing this is a manual error.
No. It says you can do it but not how to route the audio in. As it is a key feature of the Easel its like they intended to do it and then forgot the last link in the chain. Thanks for looking. My reading of the manual drew me to the same conclusion.

I haven't upgraded to 6 yet because $200 is a tad steep, but Woody's Piano Shack just did a demo video, comparing Yamaha to Arturia and dexed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZRZfIA8rF4

He notes that a lot of patches sound very dull compared to the original when the velocity dropdown at the bottom is set to "DX7," which ostensibly accounts for the weird "cap MIDI at 100" thing Yamaha did because they didn't understand the MIDI spec at the time. Setting that to "Full" makes them sound pretty damned close to me. The dropdown likes to reset itself when you change patches, so be on the lookout.

The devil on my shoulder keeps whispering to me about upgrading and I'm sure it's only a matter of time before I give in, probably after the holidays. I'm mostly interested in a pedagogical sense, because I've always wanted to study John Chowning's FM synthesis book that's floating around on the web but uses DX7 patch settings as a reference. I'd love to do a study of Alan Strange's manual for the Music Easel, and go through Todd Barton's examples too.

Ugh, I'm gonna cave, aren't I.

But he did play on the original DX7 keyboard, so I would expect "DX7" to be the correct setting on the emulation...?
Maybe a bug.

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

egbert101 wrote:So that test needs to be done at the correct velocities for the Arturia plugins, otherwise it makes Arturia sound worse than it is. Also, no FM8 comparison.
I guess i did already mention that when i posted my own impressions about comparing DX7 V and Dexed so yes using the "Full" velocity mode makes DX7 V sound better. In my own patches i always use this and i re-saved some factory presets with that setting too.

Additionally with the "DAC RES" set to "Modern" in DX7 V you also get a better sound quality.

Both changes to the velocity and DAC quality were also done with the updated DX7 IID (and DX7 IIFD) hardware when it was released.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Part of it though is being such a geek for this stuff. Always have been, always will be I suspect but these days when we have good emulations of the classic stuff (which I always lusted after but didnt have the money for...and now still dont have the money for nor the space), in addition to new stuff, it's hard not to get carried away ;)
I hear ye. It's like being a kid in a candystore but more is not better. I also do art (painting and stuff).
The materials are very primitive and basic compared to computer stuff but you work with them and then you actually get something done.

wagtunes wrote: Honestly, it's about a wash. In other words, my sound sets pay for my hobby but that's about it.
That's enough ;)
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

braj wrote:
wagtunes wrote: Honestly, it's about a wash. In other words, my sound sets pay for my hobby but that's about it.
That's enough ;)
Yeah, it's like getting all this stuff for free. Now, if I'd stop buying stuff I might actually turn a profit. :hihi:

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=496594

Wow, Arturia V Collection looses value from day to day...

martinjuenke wrote:viewtopic.php?f=43&t=496594

Wow, Arturia V Collection looses value from day to day...
Or some people desperately need money. Saw Eventide UltraReverb + UltraChannel here for $30 together recently...

wagtunes wrote:
braj wrote:
That's enough ;)
Yeah, it's like getting all this stuff for free. Now, if I'd stop buying stuff I might actually turn a profit. :hihi:
It’s called reinvesting in your business :D

lnikj wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
braj wrote:
That's enough ;)
It’s called reinvesting in your business :D
Yeah but a lot of the stuff I buy, especially the FX, sample libraries, stuff like that, is really just for personal use. I mean did I REALLY need M-Tron? Well, yeah, I did to do my Prog Rock CD. But I'm not making a dime off of it, or Electri6ity or Realibanjo or any of that stuff. That's money tossed down the drain.

Return to “Instruments”