ToneBoosters, I love your plugins

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TB Equalizer v3 TB Equalizer v4 TB ReelBus v3 TB ReelBus v4

You’re welcome fluffy, it is little confusing.

ilmai wrote:Just bough TrackEssentials and Reverb 4 (since it's only 5e more than Reverb 4 on its own) mainly just for the shimmerverb. Awesome stuff. :)
The reverb 4 it's mind blowing!!!! The shimmer with ducking and modulation absolute heaven

TB plugins are the best value for your money bar none. Some developers should have a look at these and price their plugins accordingly. e.g. $0.95, $1, freeware, donationware... :hihi:

Especially Reelbus, Ferox, Module, TimeMachine, EBU loudness and Barricade are really great. IMHO and that's just off the top of my head.

EQ is incredible, too. A workhorse EQ that you just put in and you don't have to worry about EQing any more.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Again i just want reelbus ferox package.

I'm hoping Reelbus/Ferox will be next to get the v4 treatment.

Yeah agree. Very good and reasonable value and still not shit at all, because Barricade for example is among the best limiters out there.

Truly, if I was to purchase just one suite in addition to those that may come with one's DAW, then getting everything from ToneBoosters would be it. However, since I can afford to buy even more, then obviously I also have Duende, Console 1, Ozone 7 and stuff. But it would definitely be possible to do with just TB plug-ins.

Also, at this value, makes having to pay $149+ for a single, non-dynamic EQ plug-in (e.g. Fabfilter) seems unreasonable.

There could be a day when I'd ditch everything else for TB only, just to get the money back. Who knows.
Last edited by soundmodel on Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mutantdog wrote:I'm hoping Reelbus/Ferox will be next to get the v4 treatment.
I assume there'll be no further Ferox update as Jeroen seems to pull the individual track plugins out of the bundle for V4 and so I think a Reelbus version that finally makes Ferox completely obsolete is a lot more likely.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

That's kinda what i meant. Reelbus 4 with the added the delay/flange feature from Ferox would be my hope.

Anyone know if the Bus Compressor can be made to sound like the SSL G Bus?

Today I was trying out the TB Bus Compressor on drums and I just couldn't get it to sound like I wanted, on the other hand putting Duende's SSL G pretty quickly gave me the kind of vibe that I wanted. The SSL G does some non-linearities with the transients/envelopes, so that it sounds "musical", whereas I found that the Bus Compressor tended to sound "too compressed/loud" and I couldn't get the "snap" that I wanted. It also doesn't seem to be able to give the smooth, rounded "back space" that the SSL G gives to reverbed sounds.

Also compared to the SSL G the TB Bus Compressor seems to have overly broad range of attack and release values. Because if I want a 0.3 or 1 ms attack then I would be using e.g. 1/1000th of the value of the attack for 1 ms attack.

The Bus Compressor comes with way more parameters than the Duende SSL G, but that really doesn't justify that one has to do more tweaking and it still doesn't sound as nice as the SSL G.

---

Comparatively e.g. the entirely free airwindows Logical464 also gives me what I want, it doesn't sound as refined as the SSL G, but of a slightly different style.
Last edited by soundmodel on Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anyone know if the Bus Compressor can be made to sound like the Greyhound Bus?
:help:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote:
Anyone know if the Bus Compressor can be made to sound like the Greyhound Bus?
:help:
:D

You need all the Bus Tools. Start with a Reel Bus, add max Loudness, and a Limiter so your audio engine can never keep up, then Dither and Delay as often as possible.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

soundmodel wrote:Anyone know if the Bus Compressor can be made to sound like the SSL G Bus?

Today I was trying out the TB Bus Compressor on drums and I just couldn't get it to sound like I wanted, on the other hand putting Duende's SSL G pretty quickly gave me the kind of vibe that I wanted. The SSL G does some non-linearities with the transients/envelopes, so that it sounds "musical", whereas I found that the Bus Compressor tended to sound "too compressed/loud" and I couldn't get the "snap" that I wanted. It also doesn't seem to be able to give the smooth, rounded "back space" that the SSL G gives to reverbed sounds.

Also compared to the SSL G the TB Bus Compressor seems to have overly broad range of attack and release values. Because if I want a 0.3 or 1 ms attack then I would be using e.g. 1/1000th of the value of the attack for 1 ms attack.

The Bus Compressor comes with way more parameters than the Duende SSL G, but that really doesn't justify that one has to do more tweaking and it still doesn't sound as nice as the SSL G.

---

Comparatively e.g. the entirely free airwindows Logical464 also gives me what I want, it doesn't sound as refined as the SSL G, but of a slightly different style.
Pah - that's nothing - the other day I tried but couldn't for the life of me make the Bus Compressor sound like a Fairchild - heck! - not even like a La2a and the latter basically has just a single control - can you believe that?

I guess I'll have to demand a refund!
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

fluffy_little_something wrote:Ah ok, thanks.
So, only the new plugins were updated...
Just like with the previous versions.
Time to remove v3.x plugins from that big download...
I actually like the way they do it. No matter which plugins you own, you can always install the (only 100 MB big) portable bundle, and pull the plugins to the folders you want them to be in, and you can also update them that way, just overwriting the existing ones. It also gives you a good idea about plugin locations and full control about what is installed where. Of course, they could also be offered as single plugins, but, then you'd have your download folder cluttered with all the single archives. I think it is better the way it is now. 100 MB should really be "affordable", even for people with limited download volume.

lacandon wrote:
ilmai wrote:Just bough TrackEssentials and Reverb 4 (since it's only 5e more than Reverb 4 on its own) mainly just for the shimmerverb. Awesome stuff. :)
The reverb 4 it's mind blowing!!!! The shimmer with ducking and modulation absolute heaven
It's easily the best sounding shimmer verb plugin, but unfortunately the reverberation time is too short for my use. I hope this could be extended in a future update. Great UI, great sound and CPU usage.

Return to “Effects”