AmpliTube Slash 1.5 Update - New presets & updated modeling

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AmpliTube 4 AmpliTube Slash AmpliTube Slash for iPad AmpliTube Slash for iPhone

Ryan_IK wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:24 pm Yes, AmpliTube 4 will still offer all modules from older versions of AmpliTube. Feel free to update, your gear will still be available.
no, what i'm referring to is the other way around - i want the old gear to be updated to the newer sound standards and new modeling tech. compared to stuff that's in Amplitube 4, the original Marshall models sound like crap. there was a makeover for the models back when Amplitube 3 was released, so i'm hoping all of the old gear would be updated to modern modeling standards again (not just Slash collection).
Ryan_IK wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:24 pmThanks for the feedback here. To confirm, these models were updated and tweaked with Slash himself working directly with development. They went back and forth until Slash felt the gear reflected his rig properly :D
watch where you're going with this - that almost implies that it didn't reflect his rig properly before... :D
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:37 pm
Ryan_IK wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:24 pm Yes, AmpliTube 4 will still offer all modules from older versions of AmpliTube. Feel free to update, your gear will still be available.
no, what i'm referring to is the other way around - i want the old gear to be updated to the newer sound standards and new modeling tech. compared to stuff that's in Amplitube 4, the original Marshall models sound like crap. there was a makeover for the models back when Amplitube 3 was released, so i'm hoping all of the old gear would be updated to modern modeling standards again (not just Slash collection).
Okay, I see, thanks for clarifying. While I know some people still can find uses for the older models in AmpliTube, we appreciate the feedback here. I'll be sure to pass this along to the correct persons.

Keep an eye out for future news on AmpliTube with the IK news letter. This should be the best place to hear about new/updated gear first.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/newsletter/
Burillo wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:37 pm
Ryan_IK wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:24 pmThanks for the feedback here. To confirm, these models were updated and tweaked with Slash himself working directly with development. They went back and forth until Slash felt the gear reflected his rig properly :D
watch where you're going with this - that almost implies that it didn't reflect his rig properly before... :D
In no way did I mean to discredit the original models :D They do sound great and as close as they can to his rig, but as our technology has improved since the original AmpliTube Slash release. These updated models get even closer.
Make sure to keep an eye out on the IK Multimedia web site for future news and promotions!

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!

So do need the Whole bundle to get the up date?

bill45 wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:44 pm So do need the Whole bundle to get the up date?
nope - if you own the models, they're already updated
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Thanks So Just update Amplitube 4 and or CS?

bill45 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:39 pm Thanks So Just update Amplitube 4 and or CS?
I believe that depends on which version of Amplitube you have. If you have Ampltibue 4 installed (e.g. the full version), then update that. If you have Amplitube CS installed (e.g. the free version with some gear you bought a la carte), then update that.

I have ampliyube 4 and Amplitube CS.

I bought amplitube and t-racks for the virtual MODO stuff that hopefully comes...got the bass now waiting for guitars. Once that happens I can lay down some tracks...probably steep learning curve with modeled instruments but worth the end results.
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

Burillo wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:37 am
glokraw wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:46 pm
Burillo wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:56 am Nope, ALL of them were available in CS from day one. The collection is just cheaper way to get it. For example, i don't own the original Fender collection, but i have a few models purchased a-la carte. Slash i've owned for a long time, but i was able to demo and buy each piece individually.
Thanks for the correction, edited my
post above. Which one amp would you recommend
from the Slash collection for general versatile duties,
(not specifically for metal/thrash) ?
Cheers
I recommend trying them both and see which one you like. I haven't yet tried the new one, but i've always liked the JCM better than AFD - somwhow AFD always sounded like it doesn't have enough gain to do anything meaningful with amp's own distortion - it's either too crunchy or too mushy. YMMV of course, and as i said i haven't yet tri,d the new ones.
I'm testing both now in the CS, with all knobs at 5, except
bass and mid, at 10. And then with the Fulltone collection
on each amp, OCD for stomp, the delay and chorus in the racks.
The AFD seems to take more from the other gear,
have a little more more sustain, and a cleaner basic tone.
Perhaps the JCM offers what the AFD might need
some other gear for?
And JCM has a few more controls, which with knowledge, could
be another advantage. Like them both a lot. (I doubt I've
ever heard Slash, unless a song was in some movie soundtrack,
doesn't make me much of a credible reviewer :dog:
But I might buy the package when it's on sale again.
Cheers

glokraw wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:22 pm
Burillo wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:37 am
glokraw wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:46 pm
Burillo wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:56 am Nope, ALL of them were available in CS from day one. The collection is just cheaper way to get it. For example, i don't own the original Fender collection, but i have a few models purchased a-la carte. Slash i've owned for a long time, but i was able to demo and buy each piece individually.
Thanks for the correction, edited my
post above. Which one amp would you recommend
from the Slash collection for general versatile duties,
(not specifically for metal/thrash) ?
Cheers
I recommend trying them both and see which one you like. I haven't yet tried the new one, but i've always liked the JCM better than AFD - somwhow AFD always sounded like it doesn't have enough gain to do anything meaningful with amp's own distortion - it's either too crunchy or too mushy. YMMV of course, and as i said i haven't yet tri,d the new ones.
I'm testing both now in the CS, with all knobs at 5, except
bass and mid, at 10. And then with the Fulltone collection
on each amp, OCD for stomp, the delay and chorus in the racks.
The AFD seems to take more from the other gear,
have a little more more sustain, and a cleaner basic tone.
Perhaps the JCM offers what the AFD might need
some other gear for?
And JCM has a few more controls, which with knowledge, could
be another advantage. Like them both a lot. (I doubt I've
ever heard Slash, unless a song was in some movie soundtrack,
doesn't make me much of a credible reviewer :dog:
But I might buy the package when it's on sale again.
Cheers
Wow! You've never heard a Guns & Roses song like Sweet Child O' Mine, Welcome to the Jungle, Paradise City, or November Rain? They're basically Classic Rock / guitar standards at this point.

I have no clue about rock bands, metal bands, rappers,
hiphop, edm, jazz, classical etc etc
I love guitar gear and synths, love recording,
but haven't had time for listening to commercial music
where names and sounds are associated.
I check youtube a few times each year,
to keep up with Imogen Heap, David Crosby, Gipsy Kings,
and Joss Stone, and subscribe to Bethel Church band.
Busy making music, and perpetually editing the
the 'slappers' I missed the first few dozen times heard
on the player. As my ear gets better, I detect
ever more subtle defects. Will it ever end? :hihi:

Ryan_IK wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:24 pm these models were updated and tweaked with Slash himself working directly with development. They went back and forth until Slash felt the gear reflected his rig properly :D
So, it's not component level modelling, but rather work-alike kind of thing, right?

Soundwise wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:18 pm
Ryan_IK wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:24 pm these models were updated and tweaked with Slash himself working directly with development. They went back and forth until Slash felt the gear reflected his rig properly :D
So, it's not component level modelling, but rather work-alike kind of thing, right?
No, we have trademarked techniques for component-level modeling as well as the full interaction between components as well as between each part of the chain. You can learn more about our DSM™ (Dynamic Saturation Modeling) and VRM™ (Volumetric Response Modeling). You can learn more about DSM at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/amplitubecs/ (there's a link that pops up a whole page about it there).

We use the real gear, not just schematics or sound files or "hey this sounds like my amp". Working with people like the engineers at MESA/Boogie or Michael Fuller of Fulltone and similar means not just getting close but going back to every detail and pushing harder until those famously picky ears are satisfied. We do the most detailed modeling possible down to the component level (which is why if we ever want to get a Dumble to model we're going to have to be REALLY careful getting to those obfuscated components...) with attention to the interaction between all aspects of the rig.

Edit - and frankly I have no idea how Ryan's statement was interpreted that way. He mentioned nothing even remotely resembling that conclusion/assumption. Perhaps we can all have a conversation instead of the multiple attempts to trip someone up by some very creative interpretation of what seemed quite clear? Oops, this is KVR - carry on. ;)

Ryan_IK wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:24 pm The /Delay and Noise Gate from the Slash collection are two of my favorite models.
I think /Delay is a little ordinary. Of the Slash Collection effects, I use the MXR Chorus the most.
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

I do hope the Orange Amps get an update. I still have to keep AmpliTube 3 v3.15 on my computer, because the Orange AD-200, Orange OR50 and Orange Thunderverb 200 all have output problems (down between 3db to 12db) with AmpliTube 4.

Return to “Effects”