The Best EQ-Matching Equalizer VST

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
monomaker
KVRist
84 posts since 11 Mar, 2015

Post Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:21 am

imrae wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:56 am
Sounds like OP is trying to reinvent spectral synthesis?
After that he'll realise he needs the spectrum to do a non-linear morph over time, so will probably wind up with wavetables. The next problem is accurately representing the time dependant attributes as they attack and decay, so that usually requires a greater number of wavetable frames. Halion 6 is good for this, you can reconstructed some sampled sounds if you think about it a bit and have hundreds of frames.

EQs aren't designed for this sort of thing, probably be better with an FFT freeze and then try imposing an envelope on top (Unfiltered Audio Spec Ops can do this), but I think the wavetables method will be the best.

andymcbain
KVRist
182 posts since 10 Jan, 2017

Re: The Best EQ-Matching Equalizer VST

Post Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:28 am

midi_transmission wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:28 am
I have not tested them, but as far as I know some of the TDR eqs have also matching function. Not sure how detailed they can be. Maybe worth to check.
Not that detailed really, but they get you in the ballpark in a natural sounding sort of way. Something like Equivocate is a lot more savage in this regard (but still surprisingly useable)

ahmedyaser100
KVRer
25 posts since 13 Oct, 2018

Re: The Best EQ-Matching Equalizer VST

Post Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:42 am

martinjuenke wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:34 am
Somebody already mentioned iZotope OZONE?
Yes, I tried it but I had some problems with it like not being able to directly edit the matching curve or draw my own.

Return to “Effects”