Hive update plan

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dasheesh wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:54 am we will see. don't come at me when you get bombed by folks who want to know how to script it the engine.
We get it, you told us so! Happy now?

Your point is made. It's on the record (repeatedly).

ZeePok wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:45 am Well, that's what you get when you go messing about with a synth that was embraced by the EDM-kiddies (remember: 'Sylenth killer?'). :roll:

EDM kiddies want everything simple. Hopla, just cut-and-paste another track! And now they don't know what to do with all that 'advanced stuff'! :scared: :hihi:

Priceless! :lol:
Every single EDM kiddie uses Serum, and I guarantee you there are more of them than there are Hive users. And most of them have typed their name into the wavetable scripting bit, said, “cool,” then moved on with their lives.

This entire argument is ridiculous.

ZeePok wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:45 am Well, that's what you get when you go messing about with a synth that was embraced by the EDM-kiddies (remember: 'Sylenth killer?'). :roll:

EDM kiddies want everything simple. Hopla, just cut-and-paste another track! And now they don't know what to do with all that 'advanced stuff'! :scared: :hihi:

Priceless! :lol:
The question is how many of the "EDM kiddies" actually own and use Hive.

Hmmm, do I split the OMG It Broke My Synth into a separate thread, or do I just start a new thread to discuss the *actual* topic. Or maybe we just keep our plans to ourselves and enjoy the silence.

This has to be the strangest thread I have ever seen on this forum.

chk071 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:28 am The question is how many of the "EDM kiddies" actually own and use Hive.
My impression is that not many. Obviously Hive failed to reach its initial target. Otherwise there would be like 1 million preset banks for it, as there are for Sylenth or Spire or Serum (see the pattern on these? Hive needs a new name: something that starts with S :clown:).

Thankfully Hive can be used for something else then :lol:

But who knows. Only recently we learned that a few years ago ACE became a "must have" in the dance scene for a single of its presets. Sometimes things go mysterious ways.

Yeah, sure. I don't personally have a problem with the fact that it's not loved by the EDM crowd. :neutral:

What's that ACE preset?

e@rs wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:06 pm Yeah, sure. I don't personally have a problem with the fact that it's not loved by the EDM crowd. :neutral:
Me neither. I'm more concerned about our own crowd, where I think Hive has a lot of potential.
What's that ACE preset?
viewtopic.php?t=382356

Really? A single preset? Which one? How do those types of things even happen? Someone has a big track and then someone recognizes the preset, puts it on Reddit or whatever, and sales spike? Next U-he dance synth name: Spike.

EDIT: see Urs answer above.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:12 pm Next U-he dance synth name: Spike.
:clap:

tony10000 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:19 pm This has to be the strangest thread I have ever seen on this forum.
It sure is.

I've been binge watching twilight zone and outer limits, and they can't hold a candle to this mess.

u-he is doing something awesome, and people are finding a way to be upset about it. :dog:

And now it's de-evolving into a strange silliness that I find far more enjoyable.

See, the initial problem with Hive is that it had an underlying contrivance. Urs was kind of making a synth aimed at styles of music he didn't even like. So while it's a fine synth, it has identity issues.

Therefore, I don't think it would be a good idea to overthink its future. Hive's reason for being shouldn't be that it's aimed at certain users or certain styles of music. Instead it should be about simplifying the user interaction, even if the synth isn't actually simple (and this was one of Urs' initial intentions). And focusing on big, exciting and immediate digital sounds. Those sounds might be epic supersaws, or they might be enormous synthetic bells, or snarling basses, or angelic robot choirs. If the sounds are exciting enough, it will find its audience. The Ace anecdote being a fine example of that.

e@rs wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:54 pm
chk071 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:28 am The question is how many of the "EDM kiddies" actually own and use Hive.
My impression is that not many. Obviously Hive failed to reach its initial target. Otherwise there would be like 1 million preset banks for it, as there are for Sylenth or Spire or Serum (see the pattern on these? Hive needs a new name: something that starts with S :clown:).
You forgot MaSSive.

Return to “u-he”