Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Kalamata Kid wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:58 pm Thinking of getting the MTurbo Comp + Reverb Bundle by MeldaProduction for $100 I have $26 (max -$20 per purchase) in Reward so it will cost me $80. https://audioplugin.deals/ I also have a $20 credit direct from Melda but cannot use it here.

The above purchase gives me a $20 Reward So I will get Riffer on sale for $49 - $20 = $29. I think it is a good deal. https://audioplugin.deals/riffer-by-audiomodern/ I really wanted to get Midi Madness but that will have to wait for another sale hopefully a -50%!

Meanwhile my Music PC I am building has come to a halt. :cry:
I don't know yet if I need these compressors and reverbs, but one thing for sure, if I get this bundle, I don't see how I would need another compressor or another reverb ever again.

Feelshallright wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:03 am I don't know yet if I need these compressors and reverbs, but one thing for sure, if I get this bundle, I don't see how I would need another compressor or another reverb ever again.
:ud: :hihi: :-D Dude, stop. You're killing me!! :party:

Feelshallright wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:48 am
Fleer wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:32 pm I’m thinking Melodyne maybe got bought by Apple, Alchemy-style ...
Would be really surprising. Melodyne is so widely used with ARA, on so many DAW's, both on PC and MAC. I don't see Apple buying a product and keep it to PC. I don't see anything serious here, just wishful thinking...
You’re right on that one. I was thinking Apple could simply integrate Melodyne into Logic while PC users would still get their fix from Celemony.

SiliconDeath wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:56 pm When it comes to gates and transient shaping.. are the boz labs Transgressor and Big Beautiful Door good choices? I've been trialing these two, and they seem to function very similarly, to the point that I'm having hard time to distinguish their differences.
My friend, many times I've regretted buying plugins by impulse... but never anything from Boz. Both may seem similar and they are. In fact anything that has to do with transient modification is based on compression/gating/enhancing/eq-ing and both these tools have all those. I love both and I use them regularly and sometimes I feel one fits better than the other. And for $29 each (a bit less through retailers) for me it is a no brainer. I find more common use for BBD, but drums with transgressor is so much fun.
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

dzilizzi wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:43 pm Won't BC Patchwork let me use VST plugins in ProTools? It's been on my list for a while to get, but BC doesn't do much sales. It seems like it lets you combine instruments into cool things as well? I guess it is time for research.

Their MB-7 looks cool too.

These were not in my planned budget!
Yes, that's one of the main selling points for Patchwork: to be able to use VSTs in non-Vet hosts. (I believe you can also combine AU and VSTs in one instance of Patchwork if you're on OSX.)

https://youtu.be/87bwB1K6DSk

I still find uses for Patchwork even though I use Reaper, like for making complex DIY channel strips. I also love using the standalone app as a non-DAW host for playing synths and layering effects and not wanting to record anything.

chk071 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:41 pm
Uncle E wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:07 am Up to 50% off all Blue Cat Audio:
https://www.jrrshop.com/blue-cat-audio? ... order=name
Any way to get a further discount with a coupon code for the Oscilloscope Multi? I know, being spoiled and all, but, i don't think i ever got away without a coupon code when buying something in JRRShop. :D If not, it's no problem either, just asking. :)
The deepest overall discounts can be had with academic discount requests on top of their bundle prices.

Barring that, after you've purchased one plug-in, you'll receive nice loyalty discount codes in your email for new products and additional 10% on top of the holiday sale prices.

kitekrazy wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:01 pm So their intro price is now over valued since they gave it away for free. 40 euros is too much now.
Totally agree. Would never pay for something other got for free a minute before. This "giving away for free thing" and then raising the price (now it's 33% off so it's even more then 40 EUR is totally stupid imo). :hihi:
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

Not sure if anyone presented this question yet, so here goes :

I'm not a film or serious composer, but I occasionally like to add orchestral components to some songs for stylistic touches. I use Komplete 11 Standard and Kirk Hunter Diamond Orchestra, which work pretty well for my uses.

But considering an upgrade for roughly the same cost, would it be better to go the OT Inspire 1&2 route along with Komplete 12 Ultimate upgrade? Or would it be a better bang for that buck to upgrade to the KU12 Collector's Edition next summer when NI does the 50% off sale?

mladi wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:22 am
kitekrazy wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:01 pm So their intro price is now over valued since they gave it away for free. 40 euros is too much now.
Totally agree. Would never pay for something other got for free a minute before. This "giving away for free thing" and then raising the price (now it's 33% off so it's even more then 40 EUR is totally stupid imo). :hihi:
Isn´t it a bit funny - is the "value" of things really that relative? If someone gets the same thing cheaper, in some part of the world, you are not willing to pay the higher price, i.e. the thing is devaluated?
If this is the case, can you imagine any (material inc. software), which have absolute value for you?

Fleer wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:27 am
Fleer wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:32 pm I’m thinking Melodyne maybe got bought by Apple, Alchemy-style ...
Would be really surprising. Melodyne is so widely used with ARA, on so many DAW's, both on PC and MAC. I don't see Apple buying a product and keep it to PC. I don't see anything serious here, just wishful thinking...
You’re right on that one. I was thinking Apple could simply integrate Melodyne into Logic while PC users would still get their fix from Celemony.
You guys forget Logic used to be on PC too? Apple doesn't care....

kingryan wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:58 am
You guys forget Logic used to be on PC too? Alchemy? Apple doesn't care....

kingryan wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:09 am
Now I am starting to worry...

alinok wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:12 am
kingryan wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:09 am
Now I am starting to worry...
Why?
Amazon: why not use an alternative

escalona wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:16 am
SiliconDeath wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:56 pm When it comes to gates and transient shaping.. are the boz labs Transgressor and Big Beautiful Door good choices? I've been trialing these two, and they seem to function very similarly, to the point that I'm having hard time to distinguish their differences.
My friend, many times I've regretted buying plugins by impulse... but never anything from Boz. Both may seem similar and they are. In fact anything that has to do with transient modification is based on compression/gating/enhancing/eq-ing and both these tools have all those. I love both and I use them regularly and sometimes I feel one fits better than the other. And for $29 each (a bit less through retailers) for me it is a no brainer. I find more common use for BBD, but drums with transgressor is so much fun.
Yup, after further testing I came to same conclusion. Need to have both :D

sonokinetic wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:02 pm Sonokinetic 12 Days Of Christmas Day 5: One of our best sample libraries ever! “Sotto” 60% OFF at https://www.sonokinetic.net/sale?ref=kvr5
Does this library allow creation of own phrases via midi or are you strictly limited to just picking & mixing phrases within the library ?

I presume for what I'm asking ie total creative freedom it's better to go for Orchestral or Instrument series libraries ?

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”