Problems with AU Lab

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For some reason I cannot get KV331 to work from within AU Lab. Is there any known problems with Synthmaster and AU Lab? All my other AU plugins seem to work just fine using AU Lab.

Not that I know of. Will try to test it while releasing 2.7.3
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

I'm glad I came upon this thread as I thought I was going mad! I too am trying to get Synthmaster and SM1 working AU Lab. The interfaces come up fine but it seems as if MIDI isn't being passed to the plugins.

AU Lab 2.2.2, SM 2.9.6 32-bit.

Thanks.

Guys, does AU Lab come with MacOS?
Works at KV331 Audio

It's installed as part of the XCode developer tools and can be found at /Developer/Applications/Audio/AU Lab.

I'm using it, in conjunction with JackOSX, so I can carry on using 32-bit plugins with a 64-bit DAW. And, although I know that Synthmaster comes in both flavours, only the 32-bit versions work on my 10.6.8 system.

FYI: we had to stop 32bit builds after Apple stopped supporting them (starting with XCode 10 I guess)
Works at KV331 Audio

Hi, sorry for the delay in replying!

My problem isn't with the 32-bit builds - they actually work fine! It's the 64-bit ones that don't. Let me explain.

Synthmaster 2.9.6 32 bit works fine
Synthmaster One 1.1.6 32 bit works fine

Neither of the 64-bit versions work however. So, as I'm moving my DAW to 64-bit, I'm running both Synthmasters in 32-bit mode in an external host. AU Hosting and Minihost Modular both do a reasonable job but I prefer AU Lab, which brings me back to the original problem - although AU Lab supports a number of my other 32-bit plugins, it doesn't seem to pass MIDI to either of the Synthmasters.

An alternative question might be: is there a version of either or both plug-ins that will run in 64-bit mode under 10.6.8?

Thanks.

Return to “KV331 Audio”