Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My experience with JO is that you have to go in and tweak the settings rather extensively to be more forgiving of your playing style and the guitar/pickup you're using. It helps to put a gate in front; fiddle with settings to filter out string noises, etc. Then a compressor to even out dynamics so that you have wider range between no trigger and a false trigger. Also may insert a gain plugin to put your signal in the middle of the sweet spot. Lastly, it can help to tie a sock around the neck at the nut to dampen inadvertent open string triggers. Then you have to play as cleanly and precisely as possible, which is always a struggle... :P

Requires a fair amount of fooling around to balance it all out, but, once I get it all set up, I can get a pretty clean audio-to-MIDI conversion track out of it. Set up Reaper so that multiple tracks accept input from the JO track, and you can get some fine, highly tweakable layered synth sounds.

I'm far from being a shredder, so it can accurately capture the fastest runs I'm capable of, and chords are fine. Still have to go in and delete the odd false trigger or change the length of a note. In any case, it's light years better than me fumbling around on a keyboard. JO is well worth the cost and can be a delight to play through. Latency is negligible, unless you're a helluva lot more picky than I am. Its limitations aren't technical, they're my limitations with playing well. YMMV, of course.

:tu: Thank you for your responses. They're very helpful. I have homework to do.

I posted about it a week or two ago as I got an Arturia synth there cheap and there seemed to be some question if it was legit or not.

Some of the other posters though...

Motiv'Shop
Motiv'Shop is currently Unavailable, It will be back next month !!!
Hmm...to good to be true probably is

Well, I did have a successful purchase there but like I said - the "shills" for it seem to be coming out of the woodwork...

I’ve actually been trying to sell a few things to Motiv’Sound since the holidays, and now they’ve put all their license purchasing on hold for a month.

Does anyone know how often Patchpool has sales? I'd like to pick up the new BYOME preset pack ...

Two to three times a year.

I can't help worrying that the existance of companies like motiv'sound might just lead to more devs making their transferred licenses NFR.

Ploki wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:16 pm
jsp1979 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:09 pm
Ploki wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:49 pm anyone knows how/when fxpansion discounts their expansion packs?
They usually do at least twice a year, but not on a regular schedule that I can tell.

Are you talking about BFD expansions, Geist expansions, or synth presets?
BFD :) Vintage Recording and Wooden snares look appealing.

Ploki, the BFD expansions are 50% off (on fxpansion site and other resellers). Here's your chance! :D

jsp1979 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:32 pm
Ploki wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:16 pm
jsp1979 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:09 pm
Ploki wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:49 pm anyone knows how/when fxpansion discounts their expansion packs?
They usually do at least twice a year, but not on a regular schedule that I can tell.

Are you talking about BFD expansions, Geist expansions, or synth presets?
BFD :) Vintage Recording and Wooden snares look appealing.

Ploki, the BFD expansions are 50% off (on fxpansion site and other resellers). Here's your chance! :D
Thank you SO MUCH for the heads up!!
Just in time for my birthday too :hyper:

mutantdog wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:27 am I can't help worrying that the existance of companies like motiv'sound might just lead to more devs making their transferred licenses NFR.
Motivsound has at most half a dozen plugins at a time, nothing compared to this forum. Hey, I even have more plugins on sale right now than them. I wouldn't worry.

monomox wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:01 pm
mutantdog wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:27 am I can't help worrying that the existance of companies like motiv'sound might just lead to more devs making their transferred licenses NFR.
Motivsound has at most half a dozen plugins at a time, nothing compared to this forum. Hey, I even have more plugins on sale right now than them. I wouldn't worry.
That means that you can now simply put your plugins on a website, call yourself a "shop" and post your stuff in the main bargain thread. ;)
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

mgw38 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:28 pm That means that you can now simply put your plugins on a website, call yourself a "shop" and post your stuff in the main bargain thread. ;)
man, don't give me ideas... [I just deleted some snarky comment about motivsound... hey, we all make a living somehow, right?]

martinjuenke wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:41 am Two to three times a year.
Cool, thanks!

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”