Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
ThomasHelzle
KVRAF
5279 posts since 9 Dec, 2008 from Berlin

Post Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:07 am

monomox wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:51 pm
Tappistry wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:27 pm

Do you have Reaper? If so, there’s a trick you can do with the stock plugins to mimic the function of Jam Origin.
I do have Reaper and I've used ReaTune. I guess it's something you can use, but it's far from ideal. I haven't tried JO's demo, but I'm expecting it to be cleaner. ReaTune picks up releases, harmonics, etc., so when I record MIDI, I find extra notes here and there and it's a bit of a drag. It's also not polyphonic. I've tried adding gates, compressors, transient processors, etc. It gets better, but I'm still looking for something that easily lets me use my guitar as a MIDI controller (to input chords, melodies, etc.).
How does JO compare in your experience? (My experience with ReaTUne is poor enough that I don't believe anyone would pay $100 for something similar).
I personally like Midi Bass and Midi Guitar (basically you get both for one price, which is the one bargain I know about). I also got the update to 2.x for free from version 1.
They built in some interesting capabilities in the meantime, like VST hosting, IR reverbs, Midi Machine etc. so it's a rather complete and compact solution for a complete tone (which makes it easier to create full presets). Since Bitwig can have any kind of plugin in any order, it's rather convenient to set up such plugins even without that though, so I often put it on one track alone and then route that to several other tracks for the instruments/effects to drive with the Midi.
Since I'm not the cleanest guitar player, I can't comment on how good the tracking is when you are more accomplished, I personally get quite a lot of tiny notes from finger noises and for instance the moment you let go of a string, but I probably didn't invest enough time to properly set up the gate and sensitivity I guess. For some VST instruments this is problematic, others seem to just ignore the tiny notes...

Try the demo and see how it works for you, I personally would recommend it and think the price is good, especially if you also have a bass.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream|Thomas Helzle 8) Twitter

GreyLion
KVRAF
3002 posts since 21 May, 2004 from Deep in the Heart of Texas

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:48 am

My experience with JO is that you have to go in and tweak the settings rather extensively to be more forgiving of your playing style and the guitar/pickup you're using. It helps to put a gate in front; fiddle with settings to filter out string noises, etc. Then a compressor to even out dynamics so that you have wider range between no trigger and a false trigger. Also may insert a gain plugin to put your signal in the middle of the sweet spot. Lastly, it can help to tie a sock around the neck at the nut to dampen inadvertent open string triggers. Then you have to play as cleanly and precisely as possible, which is always a struggle... :P

Requires a fair amount of fooling around to balance it all out, but, once I get it all set up, I can get a pretty clean audio-to-MIDI conversion track out of it. Set up Reaper so that multiple tracks accept input from the JO track, and you can get some fine, highly tweakable layered synth sounds.

I'm far from being a shredder, so it can accurately capture the fastest runs I'm capable of, and chords are fine. Still have to go in and delete the odd false trigger or change the length of a note. In any case, it's light years better than me fumbling around on a keyboard. JO is well worth the cost and can be a delight to play through. Latency is negligible, unless you're a helluva lot more picky than I am. Its limitations aren't technical, they're my limitations with playing well. YMMV, of course.

monomox
KVRist
145 posts since 27 Nov, 2017 from CO, USA

Post Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:10 pm

:tu: Thank you for your responses. They're very helpful. I have homework to do.

BlaxxThunderz
KVRer
10 posts since 18 Nov, 2018

Post Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:40 am

Hello,
Doing a little push up for a company, i became addicted to them
Motivsound have a new website, their price went down but not the customer quality and they finally buy our plug-lns back after a month of not proposing that option :hyper:
Https://www.motivsound.com
BT

OneOfManyPauls
KVRian
845 posts since 17 Jul, 2016 from Wales, UK

Post Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:06 am

the only posts you've made seem to be promoting motivsound - I call shill.

jsp1979
KVRAF
3087 posts since 7 Aug, 2008

Post Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:07 am

BlaxxThunderz wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:40 am
Hello,
Doing a little push up for a company, i became addicted to them
Motivsound have a new website, their price went down but not the customer quality and they finally buy our plug-lns back after a month of not proposing that option :hyper:
Https://www.motivsound.com
BT
Do people get paid for these posts? Are they trying to get their own products listed on that site to sell?

Every few days, we get a "Hey guys! Have you heard about this new site: motivsound? It's really great!" type emails about this site.

I'm just trying to understand why. Right now, they have four ok priced NI products. I've seen nothing amazing anytime I've clicked.

jsp1979
KVRAF

Post Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:07 am

OneOfManyPauls wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:06 am
the only posts you've made seem to be promoting motivsound - I call shill.
Exactly. Makes me even less likely to use it.

dandezebra
KVRian
1038 posts since 21 Dec, 2013 from USA

Post Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:10 am

I posted about it a week or two ago as I got an Arturia synth there cheap and there seemed to be some question if it was legit or not.

Some of the other posters though...

MFXxx
KVRAF
2929 posts since 27 Mar, 2010 from UK

Post Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:02 am

Motiv'Shop
Motiv'Shop is currently Unavailable, It will be back next month !!!
Hmm...to good to be true probably is
Image7820x 4.6ghz • 32GB Ram • 1050TI • SSDs & Hybrid Drives • RME FF800 • Adams A7X • Maschine • Analog Keys • Virus TI • JD800 • JV1080 • x0xb0x

dandezebra
KVRian
1038 posts since 21 Dec, 2013 from USA

Post Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:24 am

Well, I did have a successful purchase there but like I said - the "shills" for it seem to be coming out of the woodwork...

Tappistry
KVRian
1215 posts since 3 Aug, 2017 from San Diego, CA

Post Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:37 am

I’ve actually been trying to sell a few things to Motiv’Sound since the holidays, and now they’ve put all their license purchasing on hold for a month.

Tappistry
KVRian
1215 posts since 3 Aug, 2017 from San Diego, CA

Post Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:38 am

Does anyone know how often Patchpool has sales? I'd like to pick up the new BYOME preset pack ...

martinjuenke
KVRAF
3165 posts since 28 Dec, 2015 from Germany

Post Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:41 am

Two to three times a year.

Flowing atmospheric music
http://www.sonoryth.bandcamp.com/music

mutantdog
KVRAF
1952 posts since 21 Sep, 2007 from The Infinite Void

Post Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:27 am

I can't help worrying that the existance of companies like motiv'sound might just lead to more devs making their transferred licenses NFR.

jsp1979
KVRAF

Post Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:32 am

Ploki wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:16 am
jsp1979 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:09 am
Ploki wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:49 am
anyone knows how/when fxpansion discounts their expansion packs?
They usually do at least twice a year, but not on a regular schedule that I can tell.

Are you talking about BFD expansions, Geist expansions, or synth presets?
BFD :) Vintage Recording and Wooden snares look appealing.

Ploki, the BFD expansions are 50% off (on fxpansion site and other resellers). Here's your chance! :D

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”