SampleTank 4 on the way

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3 SampleTank 4 SampleTank 4 MAX SampleTank 4 SE SampleTank Custom Shop

Spin Boyz wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:18 pm
mrsugmad wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:38 am I bought Sampletank in 2003... when it was only 32 bit....

Anyway, I still had extra points and did the Sampletank 4 upgrade and knocked off $59 off the $199.

Ordered the USB/boxed version and there IS a shipping fee of $12.99 (and Florida sales tax)
Still a decent price and looking forward to it.

Mike
That interesting. I ordered the USB/Boxed version too, but was not charged shipping nor TN sales tax.
I think IK has a presence in Florida, so that might explain the sales tax for FL.

That makes sense...

For anybody wondering about the synth/oscillator sampling, this is as thorough as Syntronik (if not more so), still helmed by the inimitable and formidable Erik Norlander (co-designer of our UNO Synth analog synthesizer, one of the leads on the Andromeda A6 and Product Manager for many great products during that time, extremely active with The Bob Moog Foundation, a well-traveled touring keyboardist also with many great recording credits under his belt) who knows a thing or two about synthesis and definitely "goes deep" when it comes to sampling analog synths for the best possible sound.

Also note that all synth sounds in SampleTank 4 use the DRIFT™ technology found in Syntronik.

Retracted.
Last edited by Teksonik on Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:23 am I just checked the IK site and I'm still not seeing a full list of the included Instruments. That's either incredibly incompetent not to have someone who can use a word processor make a simple list or you're ashamed of the content.... :lol:
Or maybe you are incompetent with a browser. Understandable because browsers are new and really complex. The full list is there with sizes per instrument with the articulations listed .. hence the discussion about the usefulness of the synth sampling and the size of that portion.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

browser
[brou-zer]
noun
1. a person or thing that browses.
2. Also called Web browser . Digital Technology . a software program that allows the user to find and read encoded documents in a form suitable for display, especially such a program for use on the World Wide Web.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

mrsugmad wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:38 am I bought Sampletank in 2003... when it was only 32 bit....

Anyway, I still had extra points and did the Sampletank 4 upgrade and knocked off $59 off the $199.

Ordered the USB/boxed version and there IS a shipping fee of $12.99 (and Florida sales tax)

Mike
That interesting. I ordered the USB/Boxed version too, but was not charged shipping nor TN sales tax.
Hmm did you order via their website? Or sweetwater? I ordered at the website.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:57 am For anybody wondering about the synth/oscillator sampling, this is as thorough as Syntronik (if not more so), still helmed by the inimitable and formidable Erik Norlander (co-designer of our UNO Synth analog synthesizer, one of the leads on the Andromeda A6 and Product Manager for many great products during that time, extremely active with The Bob Moog Foundation, a well-traveled touring keyboardist also with many great recording credits under his belt) who knows a thing or two about synthesis and definitely "goes deep" when it comes to sampling analog synths for the best possible sound.

Also note that all synth sounds in SampleTank 4 use the DRIFT™ technology found in Syntronik.
First of all celebrity mention is at this moment without result is more of a marketing gimic :) And talking about Galaxy (wich was handled by Eric) was quite dissapointing when it come to patches. Alot of raw oscillator samples were not much use due to how syntronik/sampletank was limited. :wink:

St4 will have to speak for itself about that 20gb synth part :-)

But i must say new features do open up alot in st4 and you did a great job with uno and t-racks 5(besides those bugs that i reported and are known for the team since summer and hasnt been fixed since) so im very curious and still looking forward (despite the fact that i dont actually need it, but i have a spot for IK Multimedia :-D ) :-)
Last edited by Elektronisch on Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:35 am, edited 3 times in total.

mrsugmad wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:48 am

Mike
Hmm did you order via their website? Or sweetwater? I ordered at the website.
I ordered on the IK website.

SJ_Digriz wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:30 am
Teksonik wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:23 am I just checked the IK site and I'm still not seeing a full list of the included Instruments. That's either incredibly incompetent not to have someone who can use a word processor make a simple list or you're ashamed of the content.... :lol:
Or maybe you are incompetent with a browser. Understandable because browsers are new and really complex. The full list is there with sizes per instrument with the articulations listed .. hence the discussion about the usefulness of the synth sampling and the size of that portion.
Well I looked all over the IK Site and didn't see the list. Even going into "Instruments" only shows some videos. If a list is there I didn't find it... :shrug:

Perhaps you could be so kind as to provide a link to the complete list of Instruments that will be included with the various versions of Sampletank 4 ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

There is new Jordan Rudess videos in YouTube, especially nice with pianos, electric pianos and some synth sounds

I would like to hear acoustic guitar and drums

Cheers

Not sure if this is what you were asking for but the link wasn’t easy to find.
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/i ... export.pdf

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:43 pm
songshark wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:10 pm Peter, how're the instrument lists coming? Is there an ETA? Are you able to provide assurance that there will be a window between the release of the lists and end of the pre-order offers? Thanks.
It is coming along very well and the pre-order period has been extended so we will have that list as soon as possible for those who would like to use it in their decision-making process.
Sweetwater says Sampletank 4 is being released this month, so I assume we're almost out of time for Pre-Order pricing? As far as I can tell, we still really have no idea what the differences are between the 3 versions. All we have is a list of new "Master" instruments included in the MAX version. Do we assume that all of these new Master instruments are included in the Standard version, and the MAX version just has a bunch more "non-Master" instruments? I really like to have some idea what I'm buying! Thanks.

In the article about extending the pre order price till launch it said the 28th Jan

tony_12345 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:17 pm
Not sure if this is what you were asking for but the link wasn’t easy to find.
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/i ... export.pdf
Thanks, that's sort of what I'm looking for but that only shows what's in Max right ?

I'm looking for a list that will compare what is included with each version. For example:

SampleTank 4 SE – an affordably-priced entry into the SampleTank line, offering 2,000 carefully chosen instruments for 30 GB of sounds.

and.....

SampleTank 4 – Over 100 GB of sounds, including 70 GB of newly recorded material for 6,000 sounds overall.

So what exactly do I get with SE ? What do I get with ST 4 (not Max) ?

Is that extra 40 gigs of content worth buying the higher version ? You know so I can decide if I want to spend more money with IK to get the higher version.

Anyway I will apologize to IK since they finally did at least provide some list and I just missed it....didn't drill down enough I guess. Even though the last time I checked it was three weeks after the announcement of ST4 and the list still didn't exist. I guess I expected it to still be missing.

But again a Version Comparison list would be really helpful when deciding which version to get. For example I don't need Tuba or Trombone samples since I think all brass instruments should be melted down to make bullets. So if the extra 40 gigs is mostly Brass I'll just get SE but if it contains mostly Synth or Choirs sounds I'll probably spend more money (hint hint) to buy the higher version.

Again unless I'm missing the obvious but that comparison list should have been provided since day one....in my opinion of course. :shrug:

Return to “Instruments”