Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The only VAT i know is VAT69! :clown:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

martinjuenke wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:57 pm The only VAT i know is VAT69! :clown:
2 problems:
Probably need to pay VAT on that, and, even more importantly, it looks empty. :dog: :hihi:

Though Scotch sounds really good right now. :tu:

Any particular reason to get the UJAM drummer bundle if I have Superior Drummer 3?

Tappistry wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:08 am Any particular reason to get the UJAM drummer bundle if I have Superior Drummer 3?
The price :)

DMS Ascension Synthesizer is currently on sale at Plugin Boutique for $19 (Regularyly $99) and on the KVR Market Place for $23 (Regularly $79). (On their own website (warning, turn your volume down if you click this link!!), it shows up as $86.26 USD plus taxes?? for total of $103.51, but it also comes with an extra 1800 bonus MIDI loops).

It does look like an interesting synth and at $19, the price seems OK purchase it, but I do have a few questions.

On the Plugin Boutique site, it mentions that it's an exclusive release which comes with an expansion with over 130 presets, 60 midi loops, and over 440 mb of ROM. There's no mention of it for the KVR Market Place. It looks that on the KVR Market Place, it is managed by Dance Midi Samples. I'm concerned that if I purchase it from Plugin Boutique, I might not get updates vs getting it directly from Dance Midi Samples and I'd prefer not to have to purchase it again from Dance Midi Samples in the future for an upgrade.

Anyone have any comments or experiences with purchasing it through Plugin Boutique? Do you get to register it on the Dance Midi Samples' site (the installer seems to come directly from Plugin Boutique though based on the install instructions). At $19, it's almost a no-brainer, but I wouldn't mind spending a few dollars more (minus the extra ROM) on the KVR market place instead if it meant better future support Dance Midi Samples.

Also, Music Radar seems to say that's it's a decent synth and based on the review price of £149, it's already gone down in price since then -- maybe they aren't selling it as many licenses as they were expecting at the release price.

There is a DMS Ascension thread that should answer all you questions:

viewtopic.php?t=504689

The discussion regarding the takeover from WA Production and the current sale Plugin Boutique starts at the end of page 2.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Tappistry wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:08 am Any particular reason to get the UJAM drummer bundle if I have Superior Drummer 3?
Similar question here.
Not sure ujam Heavy (at Plugin Boutique for €29 atm) is versatile enough to be of any use in the long run. I tested the demo and I like it but fear that the variations/grooves provided will get boring and limiting pretty fast ?!?
Anyone out there who has used it for longer ?

Anyone having trouble with Oeksound Soothe from jrrshop? I'm trying to register the serial on the Oek website but it comes up as failed. How do I get this sucker working jrr?
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

morelia wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:41 am Anyone having trouble with Oeksound Soothe from jrrshop? I'm trying to register the serial on the Oek website but it comes up as failed. How do I get this sucker working jrr?
Ouch, just back home and about to purchase today. Will wait now ...
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

I redeemed the code in iLok license manager so it must be a misunderstanding on my part.

There is a redeem page on the Oeksound site so I'm not sure what that's for.

morelia wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:44 am I redeemed the code in iLok license manager so it must be a misunderstanding on my part.

Oeksound moved their licensing system over to iLok not that long ago. The redeem page on the Oeksound site is for the legacy licensing system and does no longer work for the new iLok licenses. It can be safely ignored.

Thanks for that. I found that site a bit confusing. Particularly why is it there if no longer needed? Anyway, appreciate the good intell.

morelia wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:06 am Thanks for that. I found that site a bit confusing. Particularly why is it there if no longer needed? Anyway, appreciate the good intell.
Just a guess, but it could be that it is needed for people who stick with the old plugin version.

mgw38 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:58 am
morelia wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:44 am I redeemed the code in iLok license manager so it must be a misunderstanding on my part.

Oeksound moved their licensing system over to iLok not that long ago. The redeem page on the Oeksound site is for the legacy licensing system and does no longer work for the new iLok licenses. It can be safely ignored.
Cool, thanks a lot for the "that was that" :tu:
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

Whoa there, prices went up. Had the idea Oeksound $99 is valid till tomorrow?
What was your price morelia?

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”