Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ACID Pro 8 energyXT Logic Pro MuLab App Muzys Orion Project 5 Temper

fmr wrote:
inkwarp wrote:my mistake..
i meant to type adobe instead..
Adobe too (all their applications) have been cross-platform for ages. Which planet did you came from?

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud.html
tsk.. don't go seething over a typo.. lol at sending me a link to adobe.
go and do something constructive instead of petty tantrums on here..

i have used lots of the software mentioned here. I started on music-x and bars and pipes. then i played with IT2 for a bit. Got into soundfonts and massiva. I bought and still own mboom. Muzys is my favourite and i will probably use it for as long as it still loads, and then virtualise it when it doesn't.

Dreamer Virtual Studio by Ultrano. Never forgotten.

Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

DuX wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:21 am For me it is EnergyXT 1.4. I still use it, especially the VST plugin for easy routing and chaining, but it still feels unfinished. Newer EnergyXT just doesn't have the same appeal for me.
What is the story behind energyxt, why is it nobody uses the new version? I noticed they had an iOS app which seems discontinued now.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

mmelon wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 1:06 am i have used lots of the software mentioned here. I started on music-x and bars and pipes. then i played with IT2 for a bit. Got into soundfonts and massiva. I bought and still own mboom. Muzys is my favourite and i will probably use it for as long as it still loads, and then virtualise it when it doesn't.
I had CMuzys from a Computer Music cover disc. I learnt production following the tutorials they had in their magazine. I never understood why they just suddenly abandoned their sequencer like that. In any case Computer Music don’t have a DAW anymore for their readership. It was fun when all their tutorials focused mainly on one DAW.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Mixman (1999ish), it was very basic and I don't miss any of its functionality, but it was fun to use.

Project 5

Logic 5.5

Temper (Was curious about development direction)

v1o wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 4:56 pm

What is the story behind energyxt, why is it nobody uses the new version? I noticed they had an iOS app which seems discontinued now.
The dev, Jorgen Aase was brilliant, and we all bought Energyxt 1.

He then announced version 2, and it was significantly different to 1. Lots of people got very upset and packed there bags. Jorgen threw in the towel and has vanished into the Norway air.

If anyone bumps into him can they ask him to come back please.

I actually like energyxt 2 and still have it installed and use it for quick stuff. Believe it or not, 1.4 will still work on Windows 10. Version 3 was a bit unstable so most seem to stay on 2.7.

Fin.

The best DAW for me was Cubase VST 32 because of its design! I don't want to complain about Cubase 10 Pro (what I'm using at the moment), but the design was so beautiful with the bright looking panel(s) etc. It had that look which I liked so much. Now all DAWs have that dark or grey design (yes, better for the eyes, bla, bla, bla...) ;-) I wish, there would be a function like in Windows: you are running Windows 10 but can switch easily to the design of Windows 98 or XP...

dellboy wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 2:23 pm
v1o wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 4:56 pm

The dev, Jorgen Aase was brilliant, and we all bought Energyxt 1.

He then announced version 2, and it was significantly different to 1. Lots of people got very upset and packed there bags. Jorgen threw in the towel and has vanished into the Norway air.

If anyone bumps into him can they ask him to come back please.

I actually like energyxt 2 and still have it installed and use it for quick stuff. Believe it or not, 1.4 will still work on Windows 10. Version 3 was a bit unstable so most seem to stay on 2.7.

Fin.
and on top of that he went cross plattform. he bit off more than he could ever chew...
and on top of that he hired some dubious ceo - anyone remember this wulf of wallstreet like jerky pictures?
and i‘m pretty shure he couldn‘t handle gazzilions of support requests due to his Behringer deal.
what a pity!

dermichl wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 7:35 pm
and on top of that he went cross plattform. he bit off more than he could ever chew...
and on top of that he hired some dubious ceo - anyone remember this wulf of wallstreet like jerky pictures?
and i‘m pretty shure he couldn‘t handle gazzilions of support requests due to his Behringer deal.
what a pity!
Triple platform was silly considering he was still learning to program in C after dumping Delphi.

And I seem to remember he had at least two employees to look after,and a posh office to pay for.

He would have been better off staying in his bedroom coding, or kitchen, or sauna. Maybe hes been beavering away all this time and he will suddenly spring a 64 bit DAW or something.

Samplitude.

Oh wait..

v1o wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 4:52 pm Dreamer Virtual Studio by Ultrano. Never forgotten.

That looks like reason. Must be a clone, or did it come first?

Coxy wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 8:00 pm
v1o wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 4:52 pm Dreamer Virtual Studio by Ultrano. Never forgotten.

That looks like reason. Must be a clone, or did it come first?
Reason came first.

There were a lot of Reason clones back then including Cakewalk Project 5 and Arturia Storm Studio.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Zynewave Podium.
There are some "bugfix" updates, as i see, but it is in technical stagnation in 2014. And then it wasnt perfect. From memory; no proper vst support, no x64, i had problems running some "supported" plugins, couple bugs etc. But it had nice workflow features..was nice looking and promising software. Sad, it is a living relict now.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”