Interesting Kontakt Sequencers?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion

gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:15 pm How is the timing of the kontakt sequencers
Since these are script based , I assume these are not driven by an audio pulse clock
They suit MY nervous system fine—which is not particularly fussy…

Does the built-in arp in Kontakt suit you? These are the same level of precision, no doubt.
Last edited by David on Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

What has to be mentioned here is the free Kontakt SARP Sequencer by Channel Robot. This thing is absolutely crazy and ones you get into it absolutely easy to use (compared to the hgsounds stuff for example which is great but really not easy to understand and use), flexible, useable with the few samples that come with or just put another VST behind it and use the midi oud. Absolutely great if you are looking for something easy.

Yes, his free stuff page is quite astounding! And a one-month Sub will get you ALL of it plus many gigs of interesting samples and deep Kontakt instruments. A deal hard to match anywhere.

And SARP is the same Arp as in his recent full libraries, such as Motion. It does do great stuff with drum and perc libraries, for sure!

David wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:19 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:15 pm How is the timing of the kontakt sequencers
Since these are script based , I assume these are not driven by an audio pulse clock

Does the built-in arp in Kontakt suit you? These are the same level of precision, no doubt.
I don't have kontakt , just curious about the accuracy of the sequencers
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:33 pm
David wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:19 pm

I don't have kontakt , just curious about the accuracy of the sequencers
If you've got a simple way to test, I could give it a shot…

Here's MY new fav Kontakt MIDI sequencing FX, currently with a heavy discount for "early" adopters—big fun!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmT6BmT0A_A

Just got Kontakt with K12. Can’t believe what I’ve been missing.

Last edited by ghettosynth on Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hey, great news for Logic users! MIDI FX Freeze is once again available! (http://www.audiocr.com) I just happened to check and the website is back, and a download worked. One great feature of this thing is that you can set the track to loop while you improvise, and if this is ON, it'll capture everything you do for as long as you loop. SO glad to see it back, so those who’ve had it forever no longer need to avoid mentioning it to new Logic users, or explain how we're stuck with Apple-provided workarounds…

David wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:33 pmDo NOT miss the amazing XronoMorph if you're looking for unusual (and free) sequencing delights. You can load your own VST or AU plugins into it, or send MIDI to an external software or hardware synth. I mostly use it standalone via the Mac's indispensable IAC driver, driving Kontakt, Reaktor, anything in Logic, everywhere.
Hi there David. :)

Could you explain how you use Xronomorph with Logic? Trying to get my head around it at the moment but am getting nowhere really. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

ghettosynth wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:11 pm Using Kontakt as a small sequencer is actually pretty handy because almost everything works as a midi sequencer when you change the global settings. While there isn't any uber sequencer that's great, a lot of developers include interesting small sequencers. For example Sonicoture's Konkrete has a cool drum sequencer with an interesting variation feature and a second euclidean beats sequencer.

What other Kontakt libraries have interesting sequencers?
We have a whole bunch on our site:

www.channelrobot.com

- look at the Grid Machine Products - they're not like anyone elses sequencers....

Plus they're all in our end of year sale - ok self promotion over....
VST/AU Developer for Hire

David wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:33 pm Ooo, SynthMagic/Black Widow looks great, missed that one!

Perhaps a little off-topic, but I feel it's relevant: Do NOT miss the amazing XronoMorph if you're looking for unusual (and free) sequencing delights. You can load your own VST or AU plugins into it, or send MIDI to an external software or hardware synth. I mostly use it standalone via the Mac's indispensable IAC driver, driving Kontakt, Reaktor, anything in Logic, everywhere.
This looks amazing. Thank you!

Hey, Check out:
Homegrown Sounds Kontakt 6/Wavetable Group Buy
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=535163
Level 6, 7 and 8 will be midi fx

✗ Level 6 - Midi EUC
Midi Based Euclidean Sequencer.

✗ Level 7 - Midi Loop Effect
This will be based on something like a Midi Delay with different ways of affecting the Midi throughput.

I have been in with this GB from day one.
A great bargain and will be better when the midi fx level is reached.

also
Check out the HG Sounds sale for some midi fx:
https://hgsounds.com/product-category/shop/
Last edited by Kalamata Kid on Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:46 pm
David wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:33 pmDo NOT miss the amazing XronoMorph if you're looking for unusual (and free) sequencing delights. You can load your own VST or AU plugins into it, or send MIDI to an external software or hardware synth. I mostly use it standalone via the Mac's indispensable IAC driver, driving Kontakt, Reaktor, anything in Logic, everywhere.
Hi there David. :)

Could you explain how you use Xronomorph with Logic? Trying to get my head around it at the moment but am getting nowhere really. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Jeez, sorry I missed this question…but hopefully you've got this sorted by now…!? It's nothing more than how to use the IAC Driver; lots of great videos on this here.

Lind0n wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:59 pm
We have a whole bunch on our site:

www.channelrobot.com

- look at the Grid Machine Products - they're not like anyone elses sequencers....

Plus they're all in our end of year sale - ok self promotion over....
Ditto—LOVE these, now on an even better sale (Summer 2020):

https://channelrobot.com/product/grid-m ... ollection/

And here's where to get SARP, mentioned above, from the same great mind—plus other great free Kontakt sequencing tools:)

Return to “Instruments”