Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

FL Studio is really nice, btw. I recently gave in and picked up an educational license. That pattern workflow is astonishingly productive. But what really surprised me is how well the native Mac implementation works. Starts up in an instant, uses very little CPU and has so far been extremely stable. I use different DAWs for different purposes and this might replace Ableton as my favorite DAW for regular music production.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Pleasant surprise from Orange Tree Samples---new users get 100 bonus Orange Slices after their first order (Orange Slices can be used for 0.1% off your order up maximum 50%).

Confirmed that you can check out multiple times during the Group Buy.

Ou_Tis wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:51 am Pleasant surprise from Orange Tree Samples---new users get 100 bonus Orange Slices after their first order (Orange Slices can be used for 0.1% off your order up maximum 50%).

Confirmed that you can check out multiple times during the Group Buy.
Pleasant? Hmm...depends on the point of view. If you are loyal customer, purchased several OT products over the years, and now again in the group buy, and you are NOT getting the same bonus as a new customer, this may feel unfair for some people.
Perhaps not for you.

monomox wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:46 am It's just a small thing but I've recently found that the small things matter a lot.
Yes, agreed! The fact that I'm probably never going to use it somehow drives the point even further home.

mgw38 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:11 am FL Studio is really nice, btw. I recently gave in and picked up an educational license. That pattern workflow is astonishingly productive. But what really surprised me is how well the native Mac implementation works. Starts up in an instant, uses very little CPU and has so far been extremely stable. I use different DAWs for different purposes and this might replace Ableton as my favorite DAW for regular music production.
I've thought about getting it as the workflow looks easy. But I have 6? 7? DAWs now and figure maybe I need to get good at one of them that is not ProTools.

waltercruz wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:57 pm
DubLifeSD wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:08 pm Waves Metafilter free for all FL Studio users!

https://www.waves.com/account/metafilte ... dium=email
awesome, thanks. Do you guys remember 2 or 3 years ago when Waves putted metafilter on a poll to give i as a free plugin, together with a 'new secret plugin', and everyone choose the new plugin? And the new plugin was a VU Meter and no one liked?
:hihi: Yep. I warned everybody not to do that but was called crazy.
No signature here!

Ou_Tis wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:43 pm Wavelore has "all products 2-for-1 with 50% off purchase price 'till August 1st"---but I see a lot of posts from a few years ago complaining about their lack of support, not providing promised updates, or abandoning their products. Have those issues been resolved?... Is it some sort of zombie sale on an abandoned website?
Ou_Tis - It was originally run by a guy called Mark Belbin. I bought a few things there many years ago but then a product called GLIDE II seemed to become a challenge to deliver & things went quiet (silent in fact!). I tried numerous attempts to contact him for an update (as did others) but eventually gave up trying to get an update. The product range was really innovative at the time but I would suggest to tread with extreme caution.

Edit - I just had a quick look at the site, it appears to be the same as it used to look, I did notice that Kontakt 4 is required to run a library ... when was that from, around 2010?

monomox wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:46 am
VitaminD wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:35 am
mgw38 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:13 am
VitaminD wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:57 pm Seems like it was meant for people who own the Akai Fire Grid controller for Fruityloops. I don't own either so I don't think I'm entitled to the Waves plugin. It looks neat though, nice freebie for Fire Grid users.
I think anybody with an FL Studio license got it. Not only Akai Fire owners. I have a regular FL Studio license and got the email. If everybody can access the link, I would not worry too much about it. Just pick it up.
Oh okay. I'd rather err on the side of caution that they didn't mean to share this with the world (at least with a non-fruityloops owner such as myself).

It is technically 39 dollars on their site (outside of this link), so it seems like stealing if they didn't intend for me to have it. mmmmm... Just because the door is unlocked, doesn't mean I have the right to come in.. my thoughts for me. If anyone feels differently, that is for their conscious to decide.

Nice find though for fruityloops owners!
I grabbed it irreflexively and felt dishonest right afterwards, thanks for sharing your point of view. It's just a small thing but I've recently found that the small things matter a lot.
I grabbed it and feel dishonest, but the last 20 years or so I've boycotted Waves, so it seems unlikely they'd ever see my money anyway - and I haven't even installed it.

cptgone wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:39 am
monomox wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:46 am
VitaminD wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:35 am
mgw38 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:13 am
VitaminD wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:57 pm Seems like it was meant for people who own the Akai Fire Grid controller for Fruityloops. I don't own either so I don't think I'm entitled to the Waves plugin. It looks neat though, nice freebie for Fire Grid users.
I think anybody with an FL Studio license got it. Not only Akai Fire owners. I have a regular FL Studio license and got the email. If everybody can access the link, I would not worry too much about it. Just pick it up.
Oh okay. I'd rather err on the side of caution that they didn't mean to share this with the world (at least with a non-fruityloops owner such as myself).

It is technically 39 dollars on their site (outside of this link), so it seems like stealing if they didn't intend for me to have it. mmmmm... Just because the door is unlocked, doesn't mean I have the right to come in.. my thoughts for me. If anyone feels differently, that is for their conscious to decide.

Nice find though for fruityloops owners!
I grabbed it irreflexively and felt dishonest right afterwards, thanks for sharing your point of view. It's just a small thing but I've recently found that the small things matter a lot.
I grabbed it and feel dishonest, but the last 20 years or so I've boycotted Waves, so it seems unlikely they'd ever see my money anyway - and I haven't even installed it.
Wait for the tsunami of waves filter on the Marketplace forum ;)

It's like stealing a bath robe from a Trump hotel! :o
Note: no idea if he owns hotels.

mgw38 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:11 am FL Studio is really nice, btw. I recently gave in and picked up an educational license. That pattern workflow is astonishingly productive. But what really surprised me is how well the native Mac implementation works. Starts up in an instant, uses very little CPU and has so far been extremely stable. I use different DAWs for different purposes and this might replace Ableton as my favorite DAW for regular music production.
Welcome aboard! :tu:

Uncle E wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:56 am
monomox wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:46 am It's just a small thing but I've recently found that the small things matter a lot.
Yes, agreed! The fact that I'm probably never going to use it somehow drives the point even further home.
This is how I feel too. I got it but will probably never even install it, so...

I'm just a dealhound. Must grab deals.
Check the re-sellers, don't check the re-sellers. I don't care.

soundbylaura wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:18 pm
Uncle E wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:56 am
This is how I feel too. I got it but will probably never even install it, so...

I'm just a dealhound. Must grab deals.
It is very easy to set up the system in a way that does not allow just anybody to pick up the freebie. Avid does that all the time. The fact that they did not do that indicates that they quite frankly did not care that much who picks it up and who does not. I stopped feeling unethical in cases where the developer is just too lazy to create even minimal barriers a long time ago. They did not even ask for confirmation. You just clicked on the link and - whoops - it was in your account.

dzilizzi wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:07 am
I've thought about getting it as the workflow looks easy. But I have 6? 7? DAWs now and figure maybe I need to get good at one of them that is not ProTools.
Btw, I just noticed that. If you have access to an educational license but would like to have a commercial one, you can pick up the educational license for the Signature Bundle from JRR for around $167 in cart and then upgrade to a commercial license in your IL account for $39. This is significantly cheaper than buying a commercial Signature Bundle license outright. FL Studio sales are fairly rare, this is an option to safe some bucks.

mgw38 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:06 pm
dzilizzi wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:07 am
Btw, I just noticed that. If you have access to an educational license but would like to have a commercial one, you can pick up the educational license for the Signature Bundle from JRR for around $167 in cart and then upgrade to a commercial license in your IL account for $39. This is significantly cheaper than buying a commercial Signature Bundle license outright. FL Studio sales are fairly rare, this is an option to safe some bucks.
I usually sign up for classes in the fall - less work travel from September to December - last year I got a bunch of educational discounts on things. It was nice. I don't make money on it, at least right now.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”