Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
cptgone
KVRAF
5088 posts since 1 Aug, 2003

Post Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:39 am

monomox wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:46 pm
VitaminD wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:35 pm
mgw38 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:13 pm
VitaminD wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:57 pm
Seems like it was meant for people who own the Akai Fire Grid controller for Fruityloops. I don't own either so I don't think I'm entitled to the Waves plugin. It looks neat though, nice freebie for Fire Grid users.
I think anybody with an FL Studio license got it. Not only Akai Fire owners. I have a regular FL Studio license and got the email. If everybody can access the link, I would not worry too much about it. Just pick it up.
Oh okay. I'd rather err on the side of caution that they didn't mean to share this with the world (at least with a non-fruityloops owner such as myself).

It is technically 39 dollars on their site (outside of this link), so it seems like stealing if they didn't intend for me to have it. mmmmm... Just because the door is unlocked, doesn't mean I have the right to come in.. my thoughts for me. If anyone feels differently, that is for their conscious to decide.

Nice find though for fruityloops owners!
I grabbed it irreflexively and felt dishonest right afterwards, thanks for sharing your point of view. It's just a small thing but I've recently found that the small things matter a lot.
I grabbed it and feel dishonest, but the last 20 years or so I've boycotted Waves, so it seems unlikely they'd ever see my money anyway - and I haven't even installed it.

MFXxx
KVRAF
3035 posts since 27 Mar, 2010 from UK

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:49 am

cptgone wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:39 am
monomox wrote:
VitaminD wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:35 pm
mgw38 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:13 pm
VitaminD wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:57 pm
Seems like it was meant for people who own the Akai Fire Grid controller for Fruityloops. I don't own either so I don't think I'm entitled to the Waves plugin. It looks neat though, nice freebie for Fire Grid users.
I think anybody with an FL Studio license got it. Not only Akai Fire owners. I have a regular FL Studio license and got the email. If everybody can access the link, I would not worry too much about it. Just pick it up.
Oh okay. I'd rather err on the side of caution that they didn't mean to share this with the world (at least with a non-fruityloops owner such as myself).

It is technically 39 dollars on their site (outside of this link), so it seems like stealing if they didn't intend for me to have it. mmmmm... Just because the door is unlocked, doesn't mean I have the right to come in.. my thoughts for me. If anyone feels differently, that is for their conscious to decide.

Nice find though for fruityloops owners!
I grabbed it irreflexively and felt dishonest right afterwards, thanks for sharing your point of view. It's just a small thing but I've recently found that the small things matter a lot.
I grabbed it and feel dishonest, but the last 20 years or so I've boycotted Waves, so it seems unlikely they'd ever see my money anyway - and I haven't even installed it.
Wait for the tsunami of waves filter on the Marketplace forum ;)
Image7820x 4.6ghz • 32GB Ram • RME FF800 • Adams A7X • Maschine • Analog Keys • Virus TI • JD800 • JV1080 • x0xb0x

agharta
KVRist
337 posts since 10 Jan, 2018

Post Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:51 am

It's like stealing a bath robe from a Trump hotel! :o
Note: no idea if he owns hotels.

Image-Line Legal
KVRer
12 posts since 5 Oct, 2017

Post Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:29 am

mgw38 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:11 pm
FL Studio is really nice, btw. I recently gave in and picked up an educational license. That pattern workflow is astonishingly productive. But what really surprised me is how well the native Mac implementation works. Starts up in an instant, uses very little CPU and has so far been extremely stable. I use different DAWs for different purposes and this might replace Ableton as my favorite DAW for regular music production.
Welcome aboard! :tu:

soundbylaura
KVRian
691 posts since 14 Nov, 2014 from Atlanta, GA

Post Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:18 am

Uncle E wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:56 pm
monomox wrote:
It's just a small thing but I've recently found that the small things matter a lot.
Yes, agreed! The fact that I'm probably never going to use it somehow drives the point even further home.
This is how I feel too. I got it but will probably never even install it, so...

I'm just a dealhound. Must grab deals.
Check the re-sellers, don't check the re-sellers. I don't care.

mgw38
KVRAF
1908 posts since 26 Jul, 2015 from Philadelphia

Post Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:38 am

soundbylaura wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:18 am
Uncle E wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:56 pm
monomox wrote:
It's just a small thing but I've recently found that the small things matter a lot.
Yes, agreed! The fact that I'm probably never going to use it somehow drives the point even further home.
This is how I feel too. I got it but will probably never even install it, so...

I'm just a dealhound. Must grab deals.
It is very easy to set up the system in a way that does not allow just anybody to pick up the freebie. Avid does that all the time. The fact that they did not do that indicates that they quite frankly did not care that much who picks it up and who does not. I stopped feeling unethical in cases where the developer is just too lazy to create even minimal barriers a long time ago. They did not even ask for confirmation. You just clicked on the link and - whoops - it was in your account.

mgw38
KVRAF

Post Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:06 am

dzilizzi wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:07 pm
mgw38 wrote:
FL Studio is really nice, btw. I recently gave in and picked up an educational license. That pattern workflow is astonishingly productive. But what really surprised me is how well the native Mac implementation works. Starts up in an instant, uses very little CPU and has so far been extremely stable. I use different DAWs for different purposes and this might replace Ableton as my favorite DAW for regular music production.
I've thought about getting it as the workflow looks easy. But I have 6? 7? DAWs now and figure maybe I need to get good at one of them that is not ProTools.
Btw, I just noticed that. If you have access to an educational license but would like to have a commercial one, you can pick up the educational license for the Signature Bundle from JRR for around $167 in cart and then upgrade to a commercial license in your IL account for $39. This is significantly cheaper than buying a commercial Signature Bundle license outright. FL Studio sales are fairly rare, this is an option to safe some bucks.

dzilizzi
KVRian
1119 posts since 21 Sep, 2013 from California

Post Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:42 am

mgw38 wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:06 am
dzilizzi wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:07 pm
mgw38 wrote:
I've thought about getting it as the workflow looks easy. But I have 6? 7? DAWs now and figure maybe I need to get good at one of them that is not ProTools.
Btw, I just noticed that. If you have access to an educational license but would like to have a commercial one, you can pick up the educational license for the Signature Bundle from JRR for around $167 in cart and then upgrade to a commercial license in your IL account for $39. This is significantly cheaper than buying a commercial Signature Bundle license outright. FL Studio sales are fairly rare, this is an option to safe some bucks.
I usually sign up for classes in the fall - less work travel from September to December - last year I got a bunch of educational discounts on things. It was nice. I don't make money on it, at least right now.

mgw38
KVRAF

Post Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:53 am

Image-Line Legal wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:29 am
I now feel like I have joined the dark side. You guys creep me out a bit. :)

Fleer
KVRAF
4387 posts since 23 Aug, 2014 from Boston/Cambridge

Post Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:59 am

:borg:
Last edited by Fleer on Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fleer
KVRAF
4387 posts since 23 Aug, 2014 from Boston/Cambridge

Post Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:00 am

mgw38 wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:53 am
Image-Line Legal wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:29 am
I now feel like I have joined the dark side. You guys creep me out a bit. :)
They’re some of the best devs around :)

dandezebra
KVRian
1178 posts since 21 Dec, 2013 from USA

Post Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:11 am

Darth Loops.jpg
Sorry about the box...I couldn't be bothered to fix it!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dzilizzi
KVRian
1119 posts since 21 Sep, 2013 from California

Post Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:16 am

dandezebra wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:11 am
Darth Loops.jpg

Sorry about the box...I couldn't be bothered to fix it!
Shouldn't they have cookies?

monomox
KVRist
275 posts since 27 Nov, 2017 from CO, USA

Post Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:42 am

I haven't installed MetaFilter either. I find that updating the Waves shell is a royal PITA--one of the reasons I haven't bought one of their plugins in a while. The other and most important reason I'm trying to stay away from Waves is that in the last year they've made it impossible to resell their stuff.

Ou_Tis
KVRist
381 posts since 10 Jul, 2018

Post Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:44 am

Freebie from Rast Sound, Vos Contemporary (.wav and (full) Kontakt)

https://rastsound.us9.list-manage.com/t ... f5d936014f

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”