Electric Piano

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion

Before I bought a Kurzweil, I actually got with with MDA's e.piano for a long time. Very nice sound and it worked wonders when you added the Kjærhus chorus plugin.
I'm not really following the market but I've heard Neo Soul Keys and they sound quite good

Sorry for zombiepost,
but FM Tines 2 here !

http://gospelmusicians.com/fmtines-2.html :tu:

Indeed! And it looks nice! Intro price 99 usd until 28 feb. And 49 usd crossgrade from v1. Nobrainer for me as a major fm/dx/megadrive fan.

I have Velvet and I love it, but Lounge Lizard is really striking. Mr. Ray might suit your needs. My favorite Rhodes is a toss up between Jeff Lear's JRhodes3 soundfont and Lounge Lizard Session's default. I wish I could get that patch into the full Lounge Lizard.

You need to get an electric chair to go with your electric piano.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Vtines from Acoustisamples is highly tweakable and sounds great.
I'm a rhodes fanatic and I've tried nearly all digital solutions, i believe this one is the most realistic one at the moment.

Another solution could be Pianoteq. When you buy it you take it with one of the suggested packs (one of your choice among several is offered when you buy Pianoteq), and one of these packs that you can choose immediately when buying Pianoteq is a pack of electric pianos (a Fender Rhodes Mark I and a Fender Rhodes Mark II Vintage Tines, and a Wurlitzer 200A). You can listen to them here. There is also a pack dedicated to Hohner (Electra-piano, Clavinet D6, Pianet N and Pianet T).

Note that there are other acoustic pianos embedded for free in your Pianoteq, not only the pack that you choose when you buy Pianoteq. And there are even free packs in addition to the payware packs (and one of these free packs contains a Yamaha CP-80).

In Pianoteq, everything is physically modeled. There are no samples at all.

And Pianoteq is sold in three different forms : Stage, Standard, and Pro. Only the additional features make the different prices. I have the Stage edition since 2013, and it is an instrument of incredible quality.

I use several packs of Pianoteq, including these mentioned above and several acoustic grand pianos and upright pianos and harpsichords and vibraphones. It is a true blast to play on simply the edition Pianoteq Stage with such an amazing quality and with all these wonderful packs. For me, the only other product which can compete with Pianoteq in physically modeled techniques is AAS Lounge Lizard (either the full edition either the "Session" edition, depending the money you want to spend). Both, Pianoteq and Lounge Lizard compete in the same high league. And there are also additional packs for Lounge Lizard. I use both and I enjoy both... but as time goes by, I see that I have a much wider setup of instruments in Pianoteq.

There is a huge page of demos (hundreds) of ALL the virtual instruments made with Pianoteq, here:
https://www.pianoteq.com/listen_by_instrument

Having preferred to use physically modeled products I can't tell about sampled pianos. But I'll not piss on them, as I don't know them.

Although I think that there is certainly a much wider palette available for the same money when investing on physical models. It's only my humble opinion.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Eirikur wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:17 pm I have Velvet and I love it, but Lounge Lizard is really striking. Mr. Ray might suit your needs. My favorite Rhodes is a toss up between Jeff Lear's JRhodes3 soundfont and Lounge Lizard Session's default. I wish I could get that patch into the full Lounge Lizard.
Hi, do you happen to know a current link for that Jeff Lear soundfont? After a quick Google search, I'm not finding a way to download it and, if it's one of the best-sounding electric pianos, I'd love to have it in my arsenal. Thanks in advance. 8)

Russell Grand wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:13 am
Eirikur wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:17 pm I have Velvet and I love it, but Lounge Lizard is really striking. Mr. Ray might suit your needs. My favorite Rhodes is a toss up between Jeff Lear's JRhodes3 soundfont and Lounge Lizard Session's default. I wish I could get that patch into the full Lounge Lizard.
Hi, do you happen to know a current link for that Jeff Lear soundfont? After a quick Google search, I'm not finding a way to download it and, if it's one of the best-sounding electric pianos, I'd love to have it in my arsenal. Thanks in advance. 8)
Hello !

They all are here.

I just tried before replying to you. All the links of the page are working perfect (except the keymap but it is not important).
:tu:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

BlackWinny wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:30 am
Russell Grand wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:13 am
Hello !

They all are here.

I just tried before replying to you. All the links of the page are working perfect (except the keymap but it is not important).
:tu:
:hail:
Thank you, BlackWinny!

:D

Return to “Instruments”