A Free Vst emulation for a Yamaha Tx81z syth esp lately bass

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Guys and Guys is there any Free Vst emulation for a Yamaha Tx81z syth esp lately bass that you gents can recommend to me? I am looking to replicate the Lately Bass on a free Synth if that can be done... Something like Dexed that can do DX7 sounds

Did you already tried Oxe FM Synth ?

I will have a look at that one.. Etienne have you tried it? What is your opinion on it?

I have a few presets that might work as well. PM me if you have Massive, Dune, Reason (Subtractor). - I'd be happy to share one with you to see if it gets you in the ballpark. I used to have a TX81Z that I kept for so long JUST For that sound, so I understand the need. ;)

Joey

The free FM synth Dexed might come with a similar patch (there are many of free sound banks available).

There was also a nice sampled lately bass patch in .sfz format on PatchArena, but the website seems to be down at the moment.

surreal wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:24 pm I will have a look at that one.. Etienne have you tried it? What is your opinion on it?
I know Dexed and FM8. I like FM8 for programming but prefer sometimes Dexed for its vintage digital DAC sound character.

AFAIK there's no free TX81z virtual emu as we speak.

Thank you every one for your help and advice sofar

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/fmheav ... ft/details

I believe FM Heaven has the TX81z/DX11 waveforms. Sadly not free.

years ago i sat down with a dx100 and synthedit, phase modding the native sine oscs. released some vst (csn't remember which, probably impossible to find) but it was easy to produce the same sound, match the 100 mod levels, envelopes and such. so i'm sure any of the popular free FM vst would have done so as well.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Some things which could do the job (some are old, others not, and some are free... and the others not expensive at all):

Acquit XX11

Dead Duck Free Instruments Bundle (its DDX10 is wonderful for that kind of sounds!)

Digits (phase distortion synthesis, it produces the same kind of sounds as the 4-op and 6-op FM synthesis)

Double Six

Double Six XXL

F2FM

FM-Four

FMMF

Ganymed

GSS-370

Lynx (a wonderful beast very versatile)

Oxe FM Synth (the most complex in this list but a creation made by a genius!)

Purple (very good sounds but outing from a very ugly GUI and it was hard to finetune)

Six (a former version of "Double Six" and "Double Six XXL" which are at the beginning of this list)

Tramp 4

Tramp Model A

Uno FM

Vivaldi

Vivaldi MX (yet better)

VOPM (another true beast!)

Some of these little things are true beast! And very popular! I put in bold those that I consider as among the best free little creations without any complexity for that kind of FM/PD bass sounds.

Some are even very recent (or updated quite recently) and even in 64-bit.

If you can't find some of them, don't hesitate to ask. One of us probably has...
:)
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Cakewalk Z3ta. I remember it was Computer Music mag ware once upon a time.

Oxefm first preset of the second factory bank is Lately Bass

Thank you Everyone! ! Thank you also Blackwinny for your list, I I got to go and check them out!

Hey, there is a KONTAKT version of LatelyBass

Return to “Instruments”