ToneBoosters, I love your plugins

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TB Equalizer v3 TB Equalizer v4 TB ReelBus v3 TB ReelBus v4

:tu: :D :party: :party:

I noticed the recent update mentions 2 easter egg plugins. I looked and think it's the EZQ and Broadcast v3 ( i might be wrong ). I never used these in the past but both sound really nice, especially the broadcast compressor!

s28 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:25 pm I noticed the recent update mentions 2 easter egg plugins. I looked and think it's the EZQ and Broadcast v3 ( i might be wrong ). I never used these in the past but both sound really nice, especially the broadcast compressor!

I saw EZQ in the download (had not updated in a year or so) and was happy to see it is available again, that thing is pretty old, but comfy to use. I wonder if the filter algorithms used are up to date or the same as years ago.

Can TB reverb 4 be compared to quality of Relab, Liquidsonics or Exponential audio reverbs? Is it on the same level? Couldnt find any proper demo videos and on TB website I cant find any audio demos as well...and downloading demo is out of the question now, unfortunately. But I would appreciate if you guys could write some words about it, thx!

HcDoom wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:00 pm Can TB reverb 4 be compared to quality of Relab, Liquidsonics or Exponential audio reverbs? Is it on the same level? Couldnt find any proper demo videos and on TB website I cant find any audio demos as well...and downloading demo is out of the question now, unfortunately. But I would appreciate if you guys could write some words about it, thx!
You can demo the plugin (very liberal limitations) and judge yourself. In my opinion it is one of the very best reverbs on the market. It is, however, not on the vintage, character side (if this is what you are looking for).

IMO, the Exponential Audio reverbs definitely have the edge over it. I mainly keep TB-Reverb-4 installed for the shimmer feature, which none of my other reverbs have. Not that it's bad by any measure. I just think there's more high end, pristine sounding reverbs. For me, it's also a bit character-less. Rather neutral, ordinary sounding.

For the price, it's definitely very good though. Even though I got R2 for free, and PhoenixVerb for 9 €, which makes them even more bang for the buck, of course. :D

Broadcast just became THE most powerful 64-bit freeware plugin in the dynamics category.

What a treat to bring back from the dead!

Deleted

MogwaiBoy wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:34 am Broadcast just became THE most powerful 64-bit freeware plugin in the dynamics category.

What a treat to bring back from the dead!
I love ToneBoosters but haven't tried Broadcast. What makes it so special?

chk071 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:21 pm IMO, the Exponential Audio reverbs definitely have the edge over it. I mainly keep TB-Reverb-4 installed for the shimmer feature, which none of my other reverbs have. Not that it's bad by any measure. I just think there's more high end, pristine sounding reverbs. For me, it's also a bit character-less. Rather neutral, ordinary sounding.

For the price, it's definitely very good though. Even though I got R2 for free, and PhoenixVerb for 9 €, which makes them even more bang for the buck, of course. :D
I like the free Tal Reverb 4, it sounds very good and has just the right controls. Makes me feel like donating something.

Toneboosters make great plugins (some of the best) but I have persistent problems trying to access the website. Either it's a problem with my ISP (though I don't have issues with any other website or internet activity) or there is some major latency issue with the site, as it simply doesn't respond very often, like probably half or more of the time. Does anyone else have these persistent issues trying to access the website?

maschinelf wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:48 am Toneboosters make great plugins (some of the best) but I have persistent problems trying to access the website. Either it's a problem with my ISP (though I don't have issues with any other website or internet activity) or there is some major latency issue with the site, as it simply doesn't respond very often, like probably half or more of the time. Does anyone else have these persistent issues trying to access the website?
Yes, me too

I've never had problems with it.

maschinelf wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:48 am I have persistent problems trying to access the website
Turning my VPN on every time just to get there

Strange, I just checked that site. It is hosted in the Netherlands, I also did a ping test, the site can be accessed from around the world without problems.

Return to “Effects”