New free VSTis VAs

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BlackWinny wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:57 am I see that you had uploaded a selfmade bank. It seems that I can't download it anymore. Would you still have it ? And if yes, would you agree to send it to me so that I could upload it with the synth ?
:)
I was able to download the bank. If you'll PM me an address I'll send it to you. :)

Yes I'd like to check out Ninja again just for old time's sake. I remember the CrossMod sounded pretty cool. I'm sure I have the .dll somewhere on an old drive but finding it could take hours. I might even have an early version of Klangformer but don't hold me to that.

Since they were freeware and it's been so many years I don't suppose there would be any moral issues with sharing the .dll but that could be up to interpretation. :?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

As far as I can remember the development of Sonigen Modular stopped a few years ago...
:scared:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

hcv242 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:37 pm thank you all. Im interested in new synths mainly, since i know all the old stuff. i dont mind if the "new" are 32 bit.

sonigen modular came to my mind. impressive synth.
Looks like Sonigen modular was last updated on March 15 2014 so not really new ? :P
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

ModulAir (in my list above) could be the best alternative.

Or, if you prefer the same kind of GUI as Sonigen Modular you could try XSRDO.

Of course if you want much more complex in true modular synths... there is VCV Rack (which is standalone)...
... and its VST counterpart, VeeSeeVSTRack: Open-source virtual modular synthesizer (just browse down the page to the "Download" section for Windows and for Linux).
Last edited by BlackWinny on Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

Teksonik wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:40 pm
BlackWinny wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:57 am I see that you had uploaded a selfmade bank. It seems that I can't download it anymore. Would you still have it ? And if yes, would you agree to send it to me so that I could upload it with the synth ?
I was able to download the bank. If you'll PM me an address I'll send it to you. :)

Yes I'd like to check out Ninja again just for old time's sake. I remember the CrossMod sounded pretty cool. I'm sure I have the .dll somewhere on an old drive but finding it could take hours. I might even have an early version of Klangformer but don't hold me to that.

Since they were freeware and it's been so many years I don't suppose there would be any moral issues with sharing the .dll but that could be up to interpretation. :?
PM sent.
:tu:

I noticed some Fullbucket synths have been mentioned, but not the qyooo, which I like a lot.

Helm is donationware and Fathom is inexpensive.

Hy-Mono is good, but you may find some of the same features missing as Charlatan.

..... and the most recent free uber-synth is of course Surge :D
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

biscuitdough wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:47 pm I noticed some Fullbucket synths have been mentioned, but not the qyooo, which I like a lot.

Helm is donationware and Fathom is inexpensive.

Hy-Mono is good, but you may find some of the same features missing as Charlatan.
Yes, I forgot the qyooo.

Helm is very nice also, yes. I thought to add it when I made my little list, but I refrained simply to not make the list too long.
:lol:
A little note about Helm: it is not really donationware, it is freeware (in fact it is even Open Source) with just an invitation to send an optional donation. If you don't put anything in the price field you get the link in the next page as if you had entered a real price. It's not a bug, it is wanted by Matt. And the page to all the links can even be accessed directly, the URL of the page is even explicit: Direct downloads.

About Fathom, it is one of my preferred synths, but I could not add it myself on the list as the free version is only the mono version and... I only use the pro (meaning the poly) version.
:wink:
Last edited by BlackWinny on Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Babylon... hmm... I find it very humdrum compared to the others. It's only a personal opinion, of course. And however I like some other plugins from Wa.

And beware : the OP asked for free alternatives to Charlatan. We should restrain our suggestions to free instruments to match his criteria. If we enter in commercial products even because they are cheapware we will extend the suggestion to dozens and dozens of plugins (certainly very good, indeed) where the OP will be lost while he probably wanted an excellent but minimal list of freeware alternatives.

Let's keep our suggestions to his criteria...
:wink:

Sorry :oops:
Here is a free and cool synth - https://www.kvraudio.com/product/t-forc ... code-music

I just added to my list a few other plugins which came back to my mind... and I also added (in italics style) some of the excellent suggestions made by the other contributors of the present thread (and without forgetting to mention them to naturally thank them). :tu:

You can check the mentions at the end of my list and in the list itself.

Despite our little row in another thread I got to hand it to you, great effort there with all your links and everything.

Return to “Instruments”